1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden 410 XST versus Eden 410 XLT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockdoc11, Mar 20, 2009.

1. rockdoc11

rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    I've been using an Eden 410 XLT for the last few years, and have been happy with it. However, I've come across a used Eden 410 XST, and wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the latter.

According to the Eden web site, the XST is a bit shorter (25" vs. 27.5"), goes lower and deeper (36 Hz) than the XLT (50 Hz), and is a bit lighter (95 lbs.) than the older XLT (98 lbs.).

I'd really appreciate any "feedback" from anyone who's had a chance to compare the two side by side.

Thanks.

2. It surely doesn't feel any lighter. It sounds very different, almost the 'mirror image' of the tight, punchy XLT. It's big, wide, deep, modern, with a bit more sizzle.

If I remember correctly, the XST was Eden's response to the Eden fans who still kind of dug the Goliath tone.. the slightly more deep, polite mids, sparkly top end of the SWR cabs at the time.

If you are interested in that particular tone profile, and want it lighter, the Epifani 410UL(II) brings a lot of the voicing and performance of the Eden 410XST to mind, and it weighs a LOT less, especially if you can find a used one that was built prior to the weight spec moving from 57 to 66 pounds.

IME!