Eden 410XLT cab question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mlowe, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Hi Guys,

Have any of you heard of an Eden 410XLT cab that is rated at 550W and has 1/4 inch input jacks only. I'm thinking it's a previous model. It is in a shop here for about a grand less than normal but it's new demo stock.

I've been wainting to buy one of these but as this one is a bargain I'm thinking of getting it now. Just thrown off a bit by the spec differences.

2. I dunno? sounds suspicious, does it have both the ports at the top and bottom?
  3. That's what made me nervous about this. It looks exactly as the XLT should. It has top and bottom ports but the connector/crossover panel looks all like an eden panel but has a sticker on it saying that it's 8ohms and 550W. I'm thinking they may have mixed and matched parts from another eden cab. What other cab was 550W?

I'll have to ask them more about the history.....
  4. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    one grand less than normal? i'm confused by that...the eden 410xlt lists for $1249 and usually sells for about $999. what is the price they are selling it for?
  5. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    he's down under....
  6. ntistt01

Apr 11, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    It's probably a D410T model. It looks just like the D410XLT but the drivers are different.
  7. Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    The 410T DOES NOT look just like the 410XLT!!!! I've owned both and seem to recall the 410T being rated at 500 or so watts. As mentioned in the post above, the 410XLT will have slotted ports running horizontally along the top and bottom on the front of the cab. The 410T has two circular ports on the back.

I know there were prototype 112XLT cabs on the market a couple of years ago that looked different and had different wattage ratings than the web site, current models, etc. I had a 110T rated at 200 watts on the back and 150 watts on the web site. You can find posts about us Eden fans being annoyed by their inconsistencies...but we like the way they sound. Its kind of endearing that they are a large company with that small shop strange product sightings thing going on...could be ailien imitations...

That being said, if the cab sounds good to you and can be had at a bargin, buy it. I never had a problem bridging my WT800 mono into the 410T...it loved to be loud.
  8. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    I have an early 90's Eden David cab (now, more-less, the XST). Mine is rated at 550watts @ 8ohms. The new model is rated at 1000 watts.

Not sure about the XLT (rated at 700 watts, according to Eden's website), but they may have changed the drivers in those at some point, as well.

Contact Eden to find out and, if so, when? Also, you may want to see if you can find out what year it is from and/or the serial #. Then you could confirm/negate this w/ the info from Eden.
  9. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005

Ooops, i missed that on first read. mmmm.... no way. :scowl: They've made those cabs for years. If it's new, it's no prototype - unless they're thinking about taking away some of the features :eyebrow:

If it sounds good, it may be worth it anyway. Nonetheless, proceed w/ extreme caution.
  10. Thanks for all the info guys. I ended up picking it up last night. I'm in Australia so here we pay about $2500/$2700 for this cab. It's a lot of dough but I like the eden gear so much i just shut my eyes when i hand over the bucks and all is well. I just bought a Fender MM 5 too, that was $3400 here!!!! Still worth it. That's hasn't even turned up yet. 4 months wait so far.

The place I bought it from is a very well known and long time music supplier here. The cab has come thru the correct channel here but the input plate still baffles me.

I have since removed one of the drivers to inspect inside and found that all is well. The driver was marked as a April 2003 build. ???? I have since found on the net that the 410XLT did have an input plate like this at one stage with 1/4" jacks as mine does.

The sticker looks genuine Eden?????? Even more confusing. But when I search the net for any info I can't find any example of the XLT that was rated at 540W.

I have asked the shop about this and they just look all I don't know. I have also sent Eden and email with a we don't know response.

I'm a bit disapointed in Edens attitude. I have a couple of their bits of gear and while the gear is very cool I thought they would be a little more helpfull.

I will try the serial number with the distributor here and then eden if no joy.

At this stage I think someone has changed the imput plate from another cab. I bought it here for $1500 which for what it is, is a bargain. Even a cheap local made cab costs more. No second thought needed.

I have run the cab and it's in perfect order from what I can tell. It's almost perfect condition. And sounds awsome.

I think I might replace the panel with a new version or at least with what should be there given all else is as it should be.

The cab does have the ports top and bottom and the drivers are the correct part#. It's more the crossover and input panel tht concerns me.