1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden 410XLT or avatar 410neo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rshafer, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Rshafer

Rshafer

Dec 21, 2007
    Aside from the weight and price advantage of the Avatar 410neo versus the eden 410xlt, which one might stand out over the other using a GK 100RBII and stingray bass. I'm looking a powerful stand alone cabinet that is tight, smooth and punchy that fits well with a rock mix, nice lower mids, highs not too shrill, etc.

Also what ohm would you recommend, go with a 4ohm? The eden says 700watts at 4 or 8 ohms and the avatar is rated at 1000watts, 4 or 8ohm. I figure I would get my full 700 watts from the head if I go with a 4ohm, but then I could not use it with another cab if ever need be.

2. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    eden.

4 ohm.
    end of thread.

3. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I don't think these are in the same ball park in terms of sound. The Avatar is a great cab when considering the cost, to my ears it doesn't compare well against more costly cabinets.

Although, of the heads I own, my Avatar B210 Neo seems to sound the best with my GK 1001RB-II. I would still get the eden without thinking twice though.

4. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Apples and Oranges. Avatar makes some great cabinets, however, the Edens 410XLT is IMHO a superior cab in every respect. With that being said the GK1001 does match pretty well with the Avatar.

5. I have measured both.

D410-XLT Plot

B410 Neo Plot

The D410-XLT has more in the midrange, where B410 Neo is an overall flatter response.

6. svp

svp

Mar 12, 2007
    Atlanta
    I have a 800watt Yorkville head and 4x10XLT and it is LOUD and CLEAN, to me there is no decision:bassist:

7. Definitely go with the Eden.

8. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    +1

9. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    If you can deal with the weight and the price, go with the Eden.

10. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I'd put my Avatar neo 410 against any of the high end cabs for sound quality.In owned an Accugroove El Wappo jr,and a Bergantiono 322,the Avatar killed them both for sound quality.The price is just the icing on the cake.I play mm basses through a Thunderfunk head,and always get a great sound.Of course,whether something sounds better is purely subjective. You'll definitely be out less money with the Avatar.

11. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    eden

12. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    410XLT 4 ohm.....and you're there!

13. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    I would say it's an unfair fight because you're comparing a 210/112 and an 212/6 cab to a 410 cab. The driver size alone will make these sound inherently different. Comparing an Eden 410XLT to an Avatar 410 Neo is a fair fight.

14. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    +1 Exactly my thoughts. I'd put the Avatar against any cab AB'd with blinders on, and Avatar would win.

15. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I wouldn't be surprised if the woofers in the Avatar are higher quality than those in the Eden.

Alex

16. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    That is one nasty looking plot!

Alex

17. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    The Eminence DeltaliteII2510 drivers are top quality drivers.Avatar gets design help straight from Jerry McNutt at Eminence so it's mighty hard for me to belive that the cabs aren't just about as good as can be had. Hard to justify spending twice as much on a cab, when these are so great sounding.

18. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I think most of Avatar's problems lie within the tweeter...it doesn't compare to those found in higher end units. I find the tweeter sound quality is no better than Peavey.

19. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    I shut them just about off anyway, so it makes no difference to me.

20. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Here is the crux for me.

Having owned a 410XLT and an avatar Neo 212
    I would go with the avatar if I were buying new. Living in an upstairs apartment I was able to carry my avatar 212 in my right hand and my rack in my left with my bass on my back and make it one trip from car to living room. But its missing something in there for me. I think I want to experiment with an avatar 410 but replace the tweeter with a 6" speaker and use a different crossover.

Jonathan