Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410xlt or SWR Goliath III?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by popawheelie, May 10, 2004.

1. Eden 410XLT 8ohm

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. SWR Goliath III 410 8ohm

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. popawheelie

popawheelie

Apr 14, 2004
    Lookin' to buy an 8ohm cab for about $500 used. Which of the two do you think sounds better for a heavy band ( kind of like TOOL). I have an Eden WT-800 amplifier.

2. You won't go wrong with either one, but am told they sound a bit different if compared side - by - side.

3. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    I voted for the D410XLT.
    Bought mine about one month ago, and it's louder than all my previous combinations of
    Trace 1048 + Marshall 4x10
    Trace 1048 + Ampeh 410HE
    Marshall 4x10 + Ebs 15F
    SWR Goliath II + EBS15F
    SWR Goliath II + SWR basic 2-WAY
    SWR Goliath II + Ampeg BSE410HE

And it cuts through so well, while retaining a full, rock/metal oriented sound

4. Depending on what head you are using, they sound a little different. The Eden has more low-mids, the Goliath more highs and scooped mids. Both about the same (IMO) for lows.

I would have thought the SWR would be more the sound for heavy stuff, but it really depends on the rest of the rig and the specific sound you want to get.

My favourite rig used to be a Goliath III 4x10 with an Eden D210XLT, gave a full rich sound together, with LOTS of power delivered.

5. Hey Big O, when you ran the 410 GIII and 210XLT together, what amp were you using to power them? How much power was going to each of the cabinets? Just curious as I may want to go with this arrangement.

6. I was using an SWR 350. I liked the sound, and there was plenty of power for a small to medium size club (250 people). The D210XLT was actually a 4 ohm model, and I mounted it on top of the GIII.

7. Thanks!! Sounds like a nice combination - you could run 2x10's, 4x10's, or 6x10's depending on the volume requirement. :cool:

8. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Eden for mostly any kind of music. SWR for today's metal.