Eden 410XLT vs. 410XST

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Zartarian, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Mike Zartarian

Mike Zartarian

Oct 9, 2003
    I am looking for a one cab rig to play small to medium sized clubs. I have been happy with Eden 410 XLT's in the past,but I have heard much about the cone creasing problems and was wondering if anyone can offer a comparison between these two options.

My setup is a Eden WT800, and straight up 4 banger jazzes. Although Id like to eventually add a 5 someday. Kind of music is anything from Grateful Dead and Phish to Stone Temple Pilots.

Thank you for the help.

BTW, the price difference is no object, I just want the better cab for me.

2. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    I've had a cone crease on my 210 XST...
    That sort of a halfway answer to your question :) .
    It seems like Edens have a tendency to do that from what I've heard.
  3. My setup is WT800 bridged into a 410XLT - absolutely no problems, and I'm a 5-stringer in both rock and metal bands.

I thought about getting an XST, but after playing one, I liked the sound of the XLT better.
  4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I have a WT800 and 2 410XLT's running and never have any problems or complaints from me or my bandmates.
  5. Mike Zartarian

Mike Zartarian

Oct 9, 2003
    thanks for the replies so far...so far it looks like the XLT.

6. Mike Zartarian

Mike Zartarian

Oct 9, 2003

can you describe the difference betwen the two sonically?

my problem is i dont have anywhere around here wher i can go do a side-by side.

7. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    The XLTs are generally characterized by a low-mid hump...some like, some don't.
    The XST was created in response to those who disliked this aspect of the XLT line.
    It's very flat. I still think it has a bit of coloration (warmth) which might be due to the fact that the thing is so deep. My 210 handles a low B at high volumes (for a 210) without budging (except for that one creasing incident mentioned). I think getting 2 210 XSTs would do you good :) .
    Hope that helps.

Edit - I realized the question wasn't for me...Hope this helps anyways.
  8. Thats about right. I thought the XST, while nice and loud, was a bit more "sterile" than my XLT. Of course I'm so used to my sound, I am biased.
  9. Mike Zartarian

Mike Zartarian

Oct 9, 2003
    Well, im going to have to make a decision one way or another on which one of these I pick up...it's either or.

Doesn't look like im going to be able to side by side the XLT and the XST, amyone know of anywhere near Boston this can be done?

Its tough - I've enjoyed when Ive had it , but am intrigued by the XST... :meh:

Any thoughts before I try to make a decision?

Thanks for all the help,