Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410xlt vs. Aguilar GS410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ncognito, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    As a long time Eden 410xlt user, I'm considering getting an Aguilar GS410, why?, because I always think there is something out there that could sound better (even if slightly).

Have any of you done a real A - B comparison of these 2 cabinets, and is there much of a difference. On paper they would seem almost identical.

Thanks

Nick

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    i a/b'ed them a bunch before buying my Aggies about a year and a half ago. The Aguilar doesn't have quite the pronounced low-mid hump the Eden has. The Aguilar is a bit more even, smoother, though still retains much of the 'grunt'. The Aguilar isn't a sterile "hi-fi" cab at all, its very well suited for rock, a very warm sounding cab without being overly aggressive. Both are very efficient and loud cabs.

My opinion, there's not a world of difference between the cabs to justify a change unless there's something with the Eden that's bothering you. I'd call these two cabs cousins in the same general family. A Bergantino or EA would be a more drastic change in tone, if that's what you're looking for.

3. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    This must be my day to brag on my Epi's.

As Eric M. just said, there isn't a world of difference between the Eden and the Aggie 410 cabs. (as long as the ohm rateing is equal) However, I'd second that neither the Eden nor the Ag is gonna give you a really Hi Fi sound. I have an Eden 410 XLT at church as my backup to an Epi 212. The difference is night and day. The Epifani sounds like the eden pushed though a fine filter. All the wooliness removed and the highs more defined and crisper.

Having sold and bought many cabs over and over (PV, Bag End, SWR, Eden, Warwick and now Epifani) I won't switch cabs for a slight difference. I've A/B'ed the Eden and Aggie in a store, and I wouldn't sell one to get another. They don't sound that much differennt.