Eden 410XLT vs. Aguilar GS410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pickebass, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have an Eden 410xlt. Cab has a lot of growl, volume and punch... I'm debating on getting an Aguilar GS410. The reason I am considering this is that the eden is very punchy but the clarity is not exactly what I would like it to be. I tried each separately, but I haven't been able to compare directly...

The aguilar seems smoother. I know someone will recommend a berg HT322... Great cab but doesn't produce the sound I want. I have a HT310 also so I know the many advantages of the berg, but it just doesn't feel the room like the eden does...

Thanks in advance...

BTW this is for an aguilar DB728/680 setup...
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I have two GS-410's, and auditioned the Eden 410XLT prior to buying. You're right, the Aguilar is a bit smoother than the Eden, but really, not by that much to justify buying a new cab with what you have.

The Aggie has a little less of that low mid Eden bump, but still somewhat of a bump. The Aggies are a tad cheaper brand new, if you know how to shop.

Frankly, though I love the Aggies, I myself couldn't justify the expenditure of switching for such a small difference in on-stage tone, but YMMV.
  3. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I have owned both and I still own a GS410. It is warmer and to me less hi-fi sounding. But that is just me. I never really got along w/ Eden gear. Besides AGUILAR has the best customer service and relations.
  4. I am currently cabless, and these are the two models I am looking at to replace my stolen cab.

Would anyone like to go into more detail as to how the sound/repsonse compares? They appear to be very similar, and I can get them for almost the same price.

Thanks. :)