Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410XLT vs. Aguilar GS410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pickebass, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I have an Eden 410xlt. Cab has a lot of growl, volume and punch... I'm debating on getting an Aguilar GS410. The reason I am considering this is that the eden is very punchy but the clarity is not exactly what I would like it to be. I tried each separately, but I haven't been able to compare directly...

The aguilar seems smoother. I know someone will recommend a berg HT322... Great cab but doesn't produce the sound I want. I have a HT310 also so I know the many advantages of the berg, but it just doesn't feel the room like the eden does...

Thanks in advance...

BTW this is for an aguilar DB728/680 setup...

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I have two GS-410's, and auditioned the Eden 410XLT prior to buying. You're right, the Aguilar is a bit smoother than the Eden, but really, not by that much to justify buying a new cab with what you have.

The Aggie has a little less of that low mid Eden bump, but still somewhat of a bump. The Aggies are a tad cheaper brand new, if you know how to shop.

Frankly, though I love the Aggies, I myself couldn't justify the expenditure of switching for such a small difference in on-stage tone, but YMMV.

3. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I have owned both and I still own a GS410. It is warmer and to me less hi-fi sounding. But that is just me. I never really got along w/ Eden gear. Besides AGUILAR has the best customer service and relations.

4. I am currently cabless, and these are the two models I am looking at to replace my stolen cab.

Would anyone like to go into more detail as to how the sound/repsonse compares? They appear to be very similar, and I can get them for almost the same price.

Thanks. :)