Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410XST Cab Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grooveguru, Jul 28, 2002.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I recieved my 410XST on Weds. and have gotten to use it in a variety of settings this week. I first paired it to my 210XLT on a outdoor gig. Very loud but a bit twangy even with both tweeters turned down to 8 o'clock. Next day did another outside job and used it with my D-115 cab. Very loud with a more round sound. Nice tone! Last night I used the XST by itself indoors. I was concerned about using only one 8 ohm cab with my WT400 (Pushing a 1000 watt cab with only about 250 watts). Gard from Bass Central assured me it would cut it and he was absolutely correct. Ran the gains about where I always do and the cab kicked some serious behind. This cab is a tone monster. It actually sound better by itself than when used with the other cabs. Gobs of bottom and low notes were very tight and defined sounding. I had previously sat in with a guys 410XLT and every once and a while my B string would break up a little. Not so with the XST.:D

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    does it have the low mid bump and is it as colored as the XLT?

3. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    No, it doesn't have the famous low mid bump. It actually favors the upper mids a tad more. Over all it a flatter cabinet and goes down to 36hz vs 50hz for the XLT. It also rated at 1000 watts. I'd really like to push it to see what it does. Highly recommended!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ....I'm not typically one to say "I told ya so", but...

I TOLD YA SO!!!!

;)

:D

(By the way, we just got our first pair of D210XST's in....OH MY!!! The thing kills most 410's I've heard! :eek: )

5. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Thank You Sir May I Have Another! ;)

6. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    TBers please take every word Gard says as gospel.

You are now officially known as:

Reverand Gard

Word!

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yo Reverand!

I thought I was gonna be makin it up to visit you this summer but I guess I might not have the chance. Either way, if these threads keep popping up about that XST, I might be picking up one of those and an amp. The GAS is killing me!

Perhaps Ill just pop in on a weekend, grab a WT-550 (when do you think you'll have one?) and a D-410XST and run.

Oh and the real reason for my posting, you mentioned an upper mid bump. Is that around the 1/2KHz region, or is it a bit lower? Im Dying to try one!

Peace
    Nick

8. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    You'll have to ask the Rev. I just know it sounds good!

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its Eden, is there any doubt that it sounds good?

I just wanna know how perfect it is.
    ;)

Peace
    Nick

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    grooveguru -

Of course you can have another!!! ;)

Now, I wouldn't go saying that my word is "gospel" (anyone nosing around in OT would find the idea humorus! ;) ), everyone has their own opinion on tone. I have met a few players that didn't care for the XST's sound, and their opinion is valid...for them.

Referring to me as "Reverend" is also funny (for the same reasons! :) ).

Nick -

The Fi-fiddy is on order, not sure when the ship date is yet, but could find out an estimate pretty quickly if you're interested. It would be an interesting combination with the 410XST, to say the least.

I don't have a clue where the frequency of the upper mid "bump" is (I don't even really hear one...especially compared to the "bump" in the low mids on the XLT), I just know I like how it sounds! :D

And how perfect is it? Well, you'll just have to drive up to Orlando and see for y'self, hm?

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Anyone interested in a trip to Europe?

Gard:
    Id love to go up there to check it out, but the only problem is, Im leaving to Europe on Thursday. I wont be getting back till the 10th, and Im not sure if my brother is gonna be going in that direction before I get back.

I was planning on stopping there when we went to move his stuff down from Gainsville. Now I need to see if i can squeeze that in before school starts.

Peace
    Nick

12. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Gard,
    Can we have the dirty on the 210XST (it's not up on their site) ?
    Have you had a chance to AB it with other cabs (esp. the Aggie GS-210) ?
    What's its power rating, etc. (maybe a price range ;) )
    Basically, I'm punishing you for Eden not putting the specs up on the site.:D

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Well....sigh.....I'll have to bring THAT up with the folks at Eden tomorrow!

;)

Yeah, I A/B'd it with a few cabs....not a fair fight! Wow, what a thunder god! :eek: The darn thing is almost as scary as it's big bro.

It's rated at 450 watts (that's a LOT for a 210), and is available in either 4 or 8 ohms. It retails for $950, so it's not cheap, but it's worth it, IMO.

I'm seeing one of these and a WT-550 in my future....small gig size, big gig tone and projection.

:D

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like what I need to pair up with my Metro!

I guess I know what my next purchase is after Ufo's Lakland.:)

15. Zoom

Zoom

Mar 31, 2002
    Hey Gard,
    Is the 210 XST more costly than the 210 XLT?
    Will EDEN also revamp their 15 XLT to the XST series?
    Thanks

16. dsmith

dsmith

Mar 29, 2001
    Mt. Vernon, KY
    It's rated at 450 watts (that's a LOT for a 210), and is available in either 4 or 8 ohms. It retails for $950, so it's not cheap, but it's worth it, IMO.

If the 210 is going to retail for $950, whats the price on the 410XST? Anyone know the cheapest place to purchase Eden?

17. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Bass Central @ 800-545-8813

18. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    gard, your my hero. :cool:

19. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    gard, earlier today you told me you liked eden, so i am doing some research on them. next year when i can get a job, ill probably get a cab and head from you guys. i was thinking on making a stack with a 4x10 cab on top and a cab with 1x15 on bottom. i dont remember what you were saying about ampeg, but you recomended eden. can you give me an estimate on a stack like this, along with your opinion on it. thanks.

20. AndyGL

AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    Does anyone know if Eden is planning on coming out with a single 12" xlt or xst. They’re due… don't you think?