Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410XST Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grooveguru, Jul 10, 2002.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Anyone here using them? Gard? What's the difference between the XLT and XST? I don't mean specs as I've read them. Will under powering them cause a problem as I have a WT400 head and this being a 8ohm cab I won't have alot of power.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You should expect alot more sub bass from the XST.

It has a better low end frequency response, and is probably the one I'd go for.

One draw back though is that usually the lower the cab is tunned, the less punch you have, so you'd have to make a trade off.

Peace
    Nick

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, the XST is a "flatter" cab, whereas the XLT has a nice big midrange "hump", the XST goes deeper and handles more power (1000 watts vs. 700 watts). It's a much cleaner sounding cab and a bit more flexible in my opinion. If I were doing nothing but rock gigs, I'd probably use the XLT, as it's great for punching through a distorted guitar, but for a more all around cab, the XST is the guy. You can do the "XLT thing" by eq-ing your preamp for the XST, but you can't do the reverse.

Power-wise, I'm running my XST with one channel of an Eden WT-1000, which means I'm hitting it with about 250 watts @ 8 ohms (peaks are MUCH higher though). I haven't noticed a measurable problem with the sound, it sound killer.

Highly recommended, but then again so is the XLT! :D

4. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Thanks Gard and everyone. I also have a D-210xlt and D-115 that I can add into the mix if volume is needed. I'm workin something out with the Beav as we speak!

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hey Gard,

I currently use a home-made 2-15" cab tuned to 30Hz which I LOVE, and play in a rock setting.

What do you think would be best for me?

The cab I have now would suggest the XST is a prime option, but the XLT has a killer tone for rock as everyone knows. Im guessing the XST, but perhaps I should check it out for myself.

I should be in the Orlando area in a couple weeks, so if you have both in stock I guess i could try them out for myself, but Im curious.

Peace
    Nick

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Groove, good luck on your deal, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. You won't be sorry if you get the XST, trust me! :D

Nick, we usually have both the XST & XLT on the floor for folks to try out, I can even set it up so that you run a WT-1000 in stereo and use the blend control to go back and forth between them. Letting your ears decide is definitely the best method available. Lucky for you, you'll be able to do so...like I did! ;)

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks for the response; its like music to my ears!

Please esplain to me why there arent shops like BC in Miami...

Usually Id have to pester the guys to give me a cable, or let me switch the hookups they have if I want to try something out. Most the time they dont even have the good stuff to begin with.

Im probably only gonna be picking up a head if I visit you for now, but but as soon as I sell my 2-15" Ill be back for that cab.

Peace
    Nick

8. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    So, how about an XLT stacked on top of an XST? Or would the sheer awesomeness of the two cabs cause some kind of earth-shattering chain reaction?