Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 410xst vs. Epifani t-410 UL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tophe07, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Tophe07

Tophe07

Feb 26, 2005
    After much reasearch I have decided to go with a single 410 unit instead of 2 210's (I have the Eden WP100 pre/WT1000 power amp and want to mono-bridge 1000watt rms into 4 ohms).

I have narrowed my selection to these two amps.

I like the very light weight of the Epifani, which is causing me to learn more towards it at this point.

I would love to get some feedback from anybody who has experience with these cabs.

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    personally i prefer the sound of the epifani. It's my guess that the XST line (and it's just a guess) was eden's response to the sudden popularity of cabs like epifani with their more "hi-fi/less colored" sound. Not that that's a bad thing, but i just get the feeling that it's a "me too" cab. Plus, if you can afford it, the weight of the UL series is awesome. I can't see myself getting a 410 UL, but that's only because i think the size of the 310 UL is soooooooooooo cool, and sonically, i didnt hear a big jump from the 310UL to the 410UL like i did from the 210UL to the 310UL. YMMV. ;)

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if you need to cut like a machete thru cream, then the XLT's are for you. not really a versatile sound perse, but it gets the rockin' job done like nobody's bizness.

the Epi's on the other hand are just more detailed and articulate in every way. a sweet top end, with a meatie middle, and a tight punchie low end. compared to the Eden, i think it has a more versatile sound, too, cause the harsh edgey sound of the Eden doesnt seem like it'd lend itself to a more laid back gig.

and while my UL3x10 was simply the best "4x10" i ever used ;), it didnt quite fit in the back of an NYC taxi as easily as i'd hoped. BUT, the 2x10 for my needs was perfect. fits no sweat in the trunk, while 10x punchier and bigger sounding than any 1x12 i've ever owned, while being the same weight as many! a highly overlooked "little gig" cab.

now with all this said, Eden gear does go great with Eden gear. their heads have always seemed rather woolly and warm to my ears, while the cabs are just the reverse. together, they might just balance each other out. but again, the Epi cabs are to be reckoned with, and IMHO, if you can afford the Epifani, go for it!

4. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I have owned an Epi 2x10 NYC and it was awesome! I've also owned an Eden 410 XST and it was by far the best cabinet that I have ever owned! It was clear, deep/tight, and had great sensitivity to sound and all nuances of my playing. I sold it off in search of a smaller cabinet and I'm kicking myself almost daily for selling the Eden XST. I bought it for an amazing used price of $450 because the music store didn't know the cabinet that they had on their hands! I sold it for a cheap price of $700. IMO get an XST if you do not mind the weight!