Eden 4x10 400w combo or SWR 4004 Stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stop_drop_pop33, Aug 18, 2002.

1. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    Eden 4x10 400w combo or SWR 4004 Stack?

I play metal

I have a 4 string warwick thumb b/o.
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    For metal? Get the 8004 with 8x10 stack. I believe they sell them at MF just look in the bass stacks page of the site. Otherwise go with the 4004 stack.
  3. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    For me,, Eden no contest. SWR is too sterile for me.
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The SWR 4004 is going to be a way more flexible option. You can use one cab if you want or if you just want to take it to practice, you can change out to different cabs later on if you want to keep the head, or if you want to upgrade your system later you can upgrade the head and then play on the cabs until you get the money for those etc... Also you get the added range of 2x10 and 1x15. Which will most likely give you a broader range of freq response than the 4x10. They probably both sound fine but the advantages of the SWR stack outweigh the advantages of the Eden and vice-versa on the disadvantages. The SWR just seems more practical too. The Eden is also going to be harder to fit into a car because it's one giant unit while you can break up the speakers and head of the SWR and fit them around things.

So, if you like the SWR sound then I say go with it!!

brad cook

ps - one more thing - the Eden is (I believe) only putting out 225 watts without extension cab (8ohms). That will power a 4x10 just fine however, I prefer more power than that for a 4x10...especially with Eden's drivers, they can certainly handle it (400-500 watts is a good starting point for Eden and SWR 4x10). I just feel like in a metal band it's possible you might not get the volume you need if you play somewhere that has no pa system (or a crappy pa system). Actually, with some metal bands it might not even be enough for your stage volume!! :)
  5. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    thanks guys, im either gonna get a 4004 or an 8004, i have to see what my needs are......thx.