Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 550

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by poundround, Jun 8, 2005.

1. poundround

poundround

Mar 8, 2005
    Lynchburg VA
    Does anyone know if the WT550 can be used with a power amp and if so how do you hook up the two and how does it work? If anyone has any information let me know.

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    My Traveler had two power amp in jacks (1/4 ") on the back panel, the top one is mono. If it doesn't have that, I imagine the effects return would work. Call Eden, there techs are top notch and real helpful.

3. are you planning on just using the 550 as your preamp or do you wanna use the power section also?

4. poundround

poundround

Mar 8, 2005
    Lynchburg VA
    I guess it depends on how big of a power amp I get. Which more than likely it will be.

5. the headphone out jack is the one to use to drive an external power amp. 500 watts is an awful lot of amp to not use if you ask me. No matter what size you get I recommend using the 550's power section too. Even if it's just to power a stage monitor that you can point right at yourself. Otherwise trade it for a Navigator.

You might want to check out the Eden forum at www.eden-electronics.com.