1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden 800 broken tube?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crispygoat, Mar 11, 2008.

1. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    My amp stopped working.. the light flashed and then came on... now nothing comes out of the input... could the tube be broken ? I did drop it earlier this week :atoz:

2. I would think you would get some audible noise even with a broken tube. I think you may have a bigger problem.

3. When you think about it, nothing SHOULD come out of the input!!!

Seriously though, if the tube is physically broken the getter (silvery coating inside the tube) will be light gray and dusty. I agree with the fact that even if the tube is broken you should still be hearing some noise out of the speakers. Time for a visit to your friendly neighbourhood tech.

Paul

4. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    Realized it was the only the fuse :)

5. You should 're-fuse' to believe that! Glad it wasn't anything too serious!!

You guys still digging yourselves out or is it just us poor "southerners"?

Paul

6. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Eden's power supplies have the lit switch wired before the fuse. This way, if you see the switch light up but absolutely no sound or clip lights, you know it's the fuse.

Just make sure you go buy some of those fuses, don't wait until the gig to have your last fuse pop and leave you hanging.

7. crispygoat

crispygoat Guest

Aug 22, 2006
    London, Ontario
    hahaha, it's just you guys ! We didn't get any snowstorm (recently), although we have as much snow as you guys have..... so hopefully we won't have a snowstorm too :smug: