Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden amp at 2 ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by worldwidepants, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Can I run my wt-300 at two ohms?
    If I can then what will the power rating be?

The reason I ask is I am thinking of adding a 115xlt to my (4 ohm) 410xlt

2. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    arggggg....why couldn't you have just got an 8 ohm 410XLT..... now it screws you over. I wouldn't run anything, personally, at 2 ohms. You're just begging for meltdown. The 115XLT is 8 ohms I believe, so anyways if you mono'd both of them together, that'd be a load of 2.667 if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever, just run the amp in stereo, thats the best solution you can do if you want to add that 15".

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Do the specs tell you that it can handle a 2 ohm load? If not, you can't. Well, you CAN, but not for very long... catch my drift? ;)

4. You can always run them in series. It's a little trickier to wire up but then you won't be at 2 ohms but 8. Your power output will be lower at 8 ohms though.

- Dave

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No, you can't. Per the manual.

6. alright, didn't think so. And I definately don't want the amp to fry. can a higher powered eden head run at two ohms? I don't really want to trade in the cab for an 8 ohm, it would be underpowered when I use it as a stand alone for smaller gigs. Or should I just get a higher powered amp AND an 8 ohm cab?

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The only Eden rated at 2 ohms is the Metro combo.