Eden amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by killer B, Nov 30, 2000.

1. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Hi I've got question for all you Eden users out there. I'm thinking about getting an Eden amp but have some questions about their power ratings. Their website only lists the power output at 4 ohms. How much do they put out at 8 ohms. Speciffically I'm talking about the WT-400 but I'd also be interested in what the stereo versions put into 8 ohms aside. Also are these "loud" watts? Meaning I know amps with the same power ratings often have very different volumes. My impression of eden amps was that were pretty loud for the power ratings. This would be powering an 8 ohm MESA/Boogie 1x15 in a rock cover band setting. Any feedback or recomendations would be appreciated.
  2. Damian

Jul 4, 2000
    Hey KillerB,
    I can easily answer the first part of your question. First of all, WT-400 and WT-300 are mono amps. That means you can run them at 4 or 8 ohms bridged. WT-500,600 and 800 can be run stereo at 4 ohms and bridged ONLY at 8ohms.
    I'll give you some specs that I remember.

WT-300 - 4ohms-300W, 8ohms-?
    WT-400 - 4ohms-400W, 8ohms-280W
    WT-500 - 4ohms stereo-2X250W, 8ohms bridged-500W
    WT-600 - 4ohms stereo-2X300W, 8ohms bridged-600W
    WT-800 - 4ohms stereo-2X400W, 8ohms bridged-800W

I just got WT-400 this morning and I'm very happy Eden customer right from the biggining. Munji, what's up ? :)

BTW, I'd like to thank you Munji, and all other guys for helping me while trying to make up my mind on which amp and cabs to get. I really appreciate that.

KillerB, that's all I know about power ratings for these amps and hope I helped a little.
  3. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    What would happen if you ran the WT-600 bridged into 4 ohms cabs? an 8 ohm cab and one 4 ohm cab?
    I too have been thinking about an eden, but I need more power. My 350 SWR and 400w Ampeg aren't cutting it. Do you think the SWR 750 is significantly louder?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Damian -

You wouldn't/couldn't really bridge a mono amp. Also, I was going to tell you about a few Peavey amps that just blow the Eden away. Too late, I guess. ;)
  5. Damian

Jul 4, 2000
    Duuh, you are right Munji, I overlooked it. Anyway, you are kidding about Peavey amps aren't u ? :)

I've had an Eden amp for 2 days now and MAN ! This thing ROCKS! I've not had a chance to play it with the band yet but this is what I was looking for. The 210XLT is AWESOME. Lots of bottom end and sweet highs :)

I have to twaek EQ a litte bit, just add some low and bass, to about 12:20 :) to get that sweet bass. I think thats electronics and pickups foult. They are too low mid sounding for my taste. I'll get the other cab first and then change at least an onboard preamp on the bass.

Except that, Munji, throw me in to the list of people sold to Eden :)

6. You can't bridge the Eden below 8 ohms but you can run the unmatched impedence cabinets in the stereo mode.I run my
    WT-600 into a 4 and 8 ohm cabinet without any broblems because they are run out of seperate channels. The worst thing that happens is that you lose 100 watts but still has plenty of loudness. I have to compete with 2 steroid powered guitar amps and have no problem cutting through. Also, I find the "600" watt Eden to be louder than the over power rated "750" watt SWR!

[Edited by Mr. Dead on 12-02-2000 at 06:50 AM]
  7. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    excuse my ignorance but what would be louder, running two 4 ohm cabs in stereo or bridging into 8 ohm cbas? I'm not sure I really know bridging means then.

Thanks for the info,
  8. Bridging an amp essentially means that you are fusing the 2 stereo channels into 1 (mono) channel. By doing so, you have doubled the power of the one channel therefore, the minimum impedence load is higher (8 ohms). In the stero mode of the Eden you can power two 4 ohm cabinets (one per side) or four 8 ohm cabinets (two per side). To answer your question as to what is louder, 600 watts is 600 watts. However, the additional speakers will disperse the power around better. I hope this helped!!!