1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden and Bergantino NV Cabs...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BigMikeW, Mar 21, 2006.

1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Anyone running an Eden head or preamp/power amp with a Berg NV cab.

All I see is Ampeg's and AGUILAR DB750's.

I am going to try both in June (when my NV610 is done and shipped to me) but I haven't seen anyone using this combination. I wonder why?

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I can tell you about eden and HTs, but not NVs. You may be a pioneer.

3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

LOL Or maybe doing what others already know doesn't work. That is more likely the case.

4. schmittuml

schmittuml

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    i dunno if tom bowlus has done it but something tells me an Eden VT300 is gonna sound exquisite through an NV215 or an NV610... waiting to put tubes on top of my NV215

5. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...ran my Navigator/Crown MA through mine, nice. Like it better with my Kern, & definetly tops with my V-8...

my $0.02
    ~S~

6. I've got a buddy's WT-800 for the next while and I'm gonna hook it up to my NV-610 to check it out. I'll report back when I do that. It'll be after the weekend though, 'cause I'm going skiing!

:D

7. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

PERFECT! What are you normally running with it????

8. 70's SVT...... :D

We're actually playing at the ski resort and we have very limited vehicle space, so I'm taking my buddy's WT-800 and 210XLT instead of the beast.

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

Definitely let me know your thoughts on the Eden with the NV610 and how it compares to the SVT as I am looking at a DB750 also. Not the same but more in the ballpark.

10. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    FWIW, I used to use an SWR SM-900 and now use an Aguilar AG500 with my NV610. I've also seen a few people using Ashdown's stuff, supposedly with great results.

Not that it in any way answers your question or anything... :)

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    good thing, too, cause all i can say is, watch out for those steep inclines. i did a resort once w/ my big ol' ceramic loaded cabs, and my gear literally kept me from going up one hill, and nearly slid off another! :eek:

12. :eek: :D

We're doing 2 shows. One's outside at the base of the mountain (opening for Sam Roberts) and backline is provided (SVT 2-pro + 810) but we're doing a bar show as well and I need the little rig for that.

I'm really interested to try the WT-800 with the NV-610 though. No reason why it wouldn't be a very nice combo.

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Okay, Mike. This rig sounds pretty darn good, too! :D

120_2099.

14. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

You tested it????? A/B it against the DB750???

15. Fuzzhead

Fuzzhead

Sep 26, 2005
    Australia
    I put my WT-550 through the NV 610 first up. It sounded good, until I got my V6...now that is the s**t! I think the NV is best paired with a valve amp, and I'm talking clean sounds. The frequencies just match incredibly well. With fuzz there's just no comparison in warmth. But the DB 750 is probably your closest solid state sound.

16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I haven't had the chance to directly A/B them (keep in mind, I have so much gear crammed into that room, it takes strategic planning just to extricate all the gear required for an A/B test! :eek:). But, from my recollection of how they both sound, the 750 is more dynamic and forceful sounding, with both a high end sheen and a low end 'whump' that aren't quite there with the Eden rig. The Eden rig, on the other hand, packs more of a solid midrange punch, and is perhaps more warm through the mids (though on the whole, the DB 750 sounds more 'tubey'). The lows are full and tight, but yet not so much as the 750 in either regard. The highs are smoother on the Eden, and the upper mids seem more present.

I agree with the comment that the NV series cabs just love tube amps. But, they sound pretty darn good with solid state, too. I'd say that my two favorite SS heads with the NV series would be the DB 750 and the iAMP 800. The Eden rig sounds really good, though, and with all the tone shaping, you could dial in a ton of great sounds. But for me, if there were no 'monetary consequences', I'd pick the DB 750 over Eden. However, if there were 'consequences', I could very happily gig with the Eden/NV rig.

I guess this doesn't help too much, but that's how I hear it.

Tom.