Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden and Nemesis?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Mar 18, 2001.

1. What's the deal with Eden and Nemesis? Nemesis made by Eden? A-la SWR workingman's series? I dont hear very much about Nemesis Combos or Cabinets, and i just want to know the general consensus on quality and sound... thanx people!

2. hey, whadda ya know, that was my 100th post here.. horray for me! :rolleyes:

3. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Nemises is the cheaper "economy" line from Eden Electronics. So I guess that they would be comparable to the Workingman's Series by SWR (though I've never played a Nemises, so I can't comment on the sound).

4. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    As White Knight said before Nemesis is made by Eden, like the Workingman Series but a different brand name on the cab/combo/amp. Since I'm an advid Eden fan I always try to play through an Eden rig when I test basses, but if I can't get Eden I choose Nemesis over SWR. Nemesis is laid out nearly the same as the Eden line, except the EQ has only one semi-parametric and two shelving. The sound isn't quite Eden, but you get pretty close if you EQ enough, it sounds more like an Eden easier than a SWR does to me (but SWR isn't going for an Eden sound). As for power, the few combos I've played through I've really had to crank the gain to get enough volume to hear myself in music stores. If I was looking for a small practice amp I'd really look into it, but that's just my opinion.

5. DaRange

DaRange

Mar 12, 2001
    Minneapolis MN.
    I had an eden 2 10 nemesis combo they use a cheaper stamped speaker basket in stead of the cast baskets in the eden boxes. The aux speaker output is a series connection so adding another speaker increases the ohm load decreasing wattage which is weak at 225 @ 4 ohms all ready. The tone out of it is wonderful, but it didn't keep up in volume and I replaced it with an ampeg B248 which works just fine

6. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I found a B248 used in February and a couple of weeks later found a used Bag End 1x15".I did my first gigs with them this weekend and I'm happy with them.The only thing is that the Bag End is slightly more efficient than the drivers in the Ampeg so I hear it more when I'm playing,but I was told that it sounded fine out in the room.

7. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I'm an Eden guy so that's my preference although at the Nemesis/Workingman level I think the differences are fairly negligable. But you made a point about not hearing much about Nemesis.

Eden doesn't put many resources into marketing compared to SWR. Their advertising is about a tenth of SWR and even Eden' s website is extremely weak compared to SWR. Obviously Eden doesn't pass on the marketing savings in price to the consumer. In fairness to Eden though, SWR is a larger company and probably has some economies that allow it to do some business strategy things that Eden can't afford.

8. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    I also had the nemesis 2'10 and it just would not hold up for me.