Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden and SWR 15 questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joetiii, Oct 10, 2003.

1. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    Why is it that Eden, who used to manufacture SWR cabs are priced at $200 for a 15 inch cab while SWR's draw $300+?

Is there a big difference in sound that makes the SWR more desireable?

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    No idea why this would be in the recording gear forum, so off to amps it goes! :)

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Okay, since i have a little experience with both brands......which cabs have you found in this price range??????

I had an Eden D-115T (200 watt) I bought in that range, and it was a farting, no range piece of crap....was gotten rid of.

The son of bertha cabs are nice from what I hear, and if you want to go eden......spring for the XL or XLT series, they have GOT to be better than the one I had.

4. joetiii

joetiii

Oct 27, 2002
    I have the Eden 210 XLT as the main cabinet in my combo. I've been looking at the base 115 Eden with no tweeter rated at 200 watts. The XLT with tweeter is rated for more power and I think has a 15 with bigger voice coil.

The SWR has the workingman's series rated at 200 watts and the son of bertha rated for 350. Bigger/bettercomponents and construction.

Don't have anywhere to compare either, so I have to go by others opinions.

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    That's not my understanding. I have been told that the guys who started the Eden company onced worked for SWR. Other than that, they're competitors.