1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden At 220

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fbregy, Oct 13, 2002.

  1. Fbregy


    Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Using a WT 400. Traveling to China next week and will be using it at 220. I spoke to the tech at eden and they said just flip over the fuse holder on back so 220 is up and run the fuse at 1/2 the current fuse. Did I hear him correct? That would be a 2.5 slow blow fuse? Just don't want any surprises.

  2. Fbregy


    Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Has no one had to do this? Please help.
  3. Eric Moesle

    Eric Moesle

    Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    When I had to play out of the country, management made sure to send along our own power conditioning that reduced everything down to 120, and we all just plugged into that power system.

    What are the circumstances of your gig? Is every man for himself?
  4. DigMe


    Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was in China this past year and I just used a 220 to 110 converter for any US appliances that I had. I didn't use anything as powerful as an amp head though but it should work fine. Get a good quality one. The connections in China can be pretty sketchy sometimes and very often will not be grounded. Just so you know. You will need an adaptor to adapt from US to Chinese plugins. Most places have a kind of plug-in that has three prongs, all are flat..one on top goes straight up and down and the two below it are angled from each other. Don't really know how to describe it well.

    Kinda looks like this:


    \ __ /

    (the horizontal lines are not prongs...only the vertical line and the slanted lines represent prongs)

    Most places have a outlet like that. If you get an adapting end for that you will also very likely need to get a 3 prong to 2 prong adaptor ...depends on the Chinese adaptor that you find. They are for sale at most large variety and electronics stores in the US and they usually come in a variety pack with other kinds of adaptors. Also if you buy a 220 to 110 volt convertor it will most likely come with the various adaptor ends.

    Watch your gear and watch your head. If you go with the convertor and don't actually change your head to accept 220 volts then make sure no one doesn't try to helpfully just plug it straight into the wall. I lost the adaptor for my minidisc player when that happened once. Thing costs 50 bucks to replace.

    Well, that's about all the advice I can think of based on my experience of living there for all of this past year and visiting there once before for 6 weeks. What city or cities are you going to?

    brad cook
  5. Fbregy


    Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks for the input. I have all the adapters and such so I am set there. I was just double checking the cut the fuse in one half when you go to 220. We will be playing all over the place for the China National Disability foundation. I believe all the shows are indoors but I know nothing about the electrical condition. I will give ya a report when we return.


Share This Page