Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN - being sold. The truth ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SMASH, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    No idea why the other thread was closed, but here it is :

- Eden being sold.

- David Eden to still run the company (product side I guess), but admits he "is not a good businessman".

- some people have been laid off.

- Company is not in danger of going under or disappearing and no sale prices will result from this. For the customer and retailer it is and will be business as usual.

- Announcement from the company next week.

There you go.

2. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I thought there was no "David Eden". hmmm...

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    david nordschow ;)

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...but where does Barbara Eden fit into all this?

brad cook

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I think they might fade away reguardless what is said. They are already out of NAMM!

6. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Ah come on! Everyone knows that Barbra Eden is on "I dream of Genie"!:D

7. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I think the real question here is where does all this fit into Barbara Eden?

8. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Rumours, rumours, rumours...

Maybe, just maybe we should wait and hear it from David Eden himself before we begin to speculate that Sadam Husein is now making the Eden products. Oh! And there's radioactive Plutonium in each new product so that we all die a slow painful death. Actually, it shoots a short burst of radiation at you each time you've been playing your low B too long. Even Husein doesn't want to hear that!

Just sit and wait. We'll get the truth soon enough. I've heard rumours from what I would consider a reliable source, and it's different from what anyone else has said. But it's not from Eden directly, so I'm waiting... with baited breathe.

Please excuse any misspellings. I'm completely a one sided thinker. Is there spell check on this thing? If not, it would be nice if the web developers could add it.

9. Anywhere she wants. All she has to do is blink, and there she is.

Hey SMASH, is there a website detailing the company announcement you mentioned?

10. Oh..."next week"...I swear that said "last week" when I first read it. :oops:

11. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.

I presume the Eden website, and/or the website of whomever buys the company. There are 4 potential buyers from what I understand. That's about all I can/will say about it.

[​IMG]

12. downoverground

downoverground

Oct 15, 2002
    The only thing I can think of is that Eden cabs are SO DAMN UGLY; maybe that's the reason for all this. I mean, the logo, combined with the color of the horns; DAMN!!! Ugliest cabinet out there, bar none... let me guess, looks don't matter, it's the SOUND that counts, right?!? Hmm, MORE personal, subjective stuff...

13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    You're taking a mighty big chance there SMASH. The last person who said that was told:
    "you should shut the hell up. Your coming off as such a Pr*ck. Nobody cares what you have to say. You sound like a 14 year old idiot."
    by that super intelligent, super nice guy Peter Parker. There were some others with equally kind remarks also.

14. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Trace Elliot still looked good but really started sucking air than moving it toward the end.

When looks start dictating my rig, please wake me up and make sure I'm not playing in a "Boy Band". Maybe Eden should come out with a rainbow grill cover to please you. :rolleyes:

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Um...thanks for the newsflash. :rolleyes:
    brad cooEDIT:k

16. Hate to break the topic, but does this mean my "original" eden gear will go up in value? Will this be like the situation which happend w/ tobias basses?

17. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    What happened with Tobias?
    I JUST bought a Renegade which I am totally digging, and I could see why it would become more valuable 'cause you can't just run out and get one. It's a magnificent instrument!
    No doubt that could be the case with at least certain Eden items.
    Some items that disappear become coveted, like say vintage SVT's, Matchless comes to mind too.
    Mesa D-180's, Pre-CBS Fenders, ........

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Ya know...

If you are going to go to the trouble to start this thread with these "facts" (considering you can't even get the guy's name right), you really should state your source. Why get all secretive now?

At this point, you are no better than any other rumor monger out there.

19. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Awe shucks... If I'd a known ya cared so much I would've sent you flowers.

20. Yeah, when I go to see my favorite bass player the first thing I look for is how pretty the cabinets are.:p

BTW, (as he glances across the room at his 410xlt) I think the Eden cabinets look great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.