Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EDEN - best combo ? input please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by the captain, Jun 23, 2003.

1. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    ok i think i've decided on EDEN over G-K although i still could be persuaded to G-K. What would be the best all around ass kicking set up with EDEN equpt. ? i'm considering a WT-800 with a D-210XLT & a D-410XLT and maybe a D-115XLT or maybe scrap all that and just get a D-810XLT. i'm looking for something to cover just about any situation. maybe two D-410XLTs would be the way to go. HELP!! all info and experence will be very helpful. FYI i dont do slap. mostly eagles, jackson browne, dan fogelberg, bad co., jethro tull, blues, some jazz, etc.,etc., etc. looking forward to your input. thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Didn't we just do this? The WT-800 with two D-410XLTs would be the totally pro killer rig. Go with a D-410XLT + D-210XLT for more portability and combo options.

3. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    thanks munji. we may have done this before. i think your right but i think i changed my mind on cabs somewhat. what equpt. do you have ?

4. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    WT-300, WT-800, D-410XLT, D210XLT, D-115XL. That's what you call "versatile." The WT-300 + D-210XLT for practice and coffee houses, WT-800 + D-410XLT + D-210XLT in bigger venues and outdoors. I use the D-115XL when the gig calls for a muff monster.

5. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    munji, when you pull out the D-115XL what other cabs do you use with it ? the 210 or the 410 or both ? also why the D-115XL over the D-115XLT ? and is the 410XST really a better cab ? you seem to know what you're talking about, what made YOU choose EDEN over all the other great stuff out there ?

6. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    You have to try 'em out!

I will say though that a GK will put out way more head room.

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    In smaller venues, I use either the 410 by itself, or the 115+210. When I need LOUD, I use the 410+210. I bought the 115XL for two reasons:

1. I need only one tweeter, and the 210 and 410 each have one. I'd NEVER use the 115 by itself.

2. It's what they had in the store.

I don't know if the XST is better. It has a different frequency response, so it'll end up being a matter of preference, I guess.

I bought Eden because Eden sucks less. NAW, NAW, NAW ... actually, I played it in the store because I saw that a lot of pros (especially Nathan East) use it. I can afford it, so I bought it. That was before Aguilar really hit the scene. I like the sound of EBS, too.

8. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I hate to throw a monkey wrench in your search, but just today I heard the Tech21 4x10 (400w) against and eden 4x10xst (I think) and I preferred the tech21. the tech had a wider range of midrange tones. the eden had lows and highs. sure the eden has more total handling (1000w) and a tweeter, but the tech21 got some serious lows also when used with the tech21 landmark 300. NO I'M NOT A DEALER. I have an RBI, but I was impressed with the tech21 cab. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I did.