1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EDEN - best combo ? input please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by the captain, Jun 23, 2003.

1. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    ok i think i've decided on EDEN over G-K although i still could be persuaded to G-K. What would be the best all around ass kicking set up with EDEN equpt. ? i'm considering a WT-800 with a D-210XLT & a D-410XLT and maybe a D-115XLT or maybe scrap all that and just get a D-810XLT. i'm looking for something to cover just about any situation. maybe two D-410XLTs would be the way to go. HELP!! all info and experence will be very helpful. FYI i dont do slap. mostly eagles, jackson browne, dan fogelberg, bad co., jethro tull, blues, some jazz, etc.,etc., etc. looking forward to your input. thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Didn't we just do this? The WT-800 with two D-410XLTs would be the totally pro killer rig. Go with a D-410XLT + D-210XLT for more portability and combo options.

3. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    thanks munji. we may have done this before. i think your right but i think i changed my mind on cabs somewhat. what equpt. do you have ?

4. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    WT-300, WT-800, D-410XLT, D210XLT, D-115XL. That's what you call "versatile." The WT-300 + D-210XLT for practice and coffee houses, WT-800 + D-410XLT + D-210XLT in bigger venues and outdoors. I use the D-115XL when the gig calls for a muff monster.

5. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    munji, when you pull out the D-115XL what other cabs do you use with it ? the 210 or the 410 or both ? also why the D-115XL over the D-115XLT ? and is the 410XST really a better cab ? you seem to know what you're talking about, what made YOU choose EDEN over all the other great stuff out there ?

6. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    You have to try 'em out!

I will say though that a GK will put out way more head room.

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    In smaller venues, I use either the 410 by itself, or the 115+210. When I need LOUD, I use the 410+210. I bought the 115XL for two reasons:

1. I need only one tweeter, and the 210 and 410 each have one. I'd NEVER use the 115 by itself.

2. It's what they had in the store.

I don't know if the XST is better. It has a different frequency response, so it'll end up being a matter of preference, I guess.

I bought Eden because Eden sucks less. NAW, NAW, NAW ... actually, I played it in the store because I saw that a lot of pros (especially Nathan East) use it. I can afford it, so I bought it. That was before Aguilar really hit the scene. I like the sound of EBS, too.

8. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I hate to throw a monkey wrench in your search, but just today I heard the Tech21 4x10 (400w) against and eden 4x10xst (I think) and I preferred the tech21. the tech had a wider range of midrange tones. the eden had lows and highs. sure the eden has more total handling (1000w) and a tweeter, but the tech21 got some serious lows also when used with the tech21 landmark 300. NO I'M NOT A DEALER. I have an RBI, but I was impressed with the tech21 cab. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I did.