1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Burping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lburton2, Jun 6, 2011.

1. lburton2

lburton2 Les Is More

May 15, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    I have an Eden WT550 with a 410XLT and 210XST-Neo.

I almost always rehearse with only one cab.. So i set them both up the other day and they sounded great at low to medium volume.. The tone was a bit different.. A bit heavy on the low-lowmid range.. But that's not a biggy..

So i decided to put the volume to the normal when i'm only running one cab.. And the volume was ENORMOUS.. However.. Playing anything on the E or low B proved to be very VERY "Purpy".. Almost like the speakers could'nt handle the range...... Any suggestions?

Also, I noticed that on my Head, there will be a fairly loud hum coming through the amp while the bass volume is up on the instrument.. But if I adjust the volume knob on the amp slightly or wiggle it.. it'll almost go away.. Dirty pot perhaps? Thanks ahead of time.

BTW. i love my equipment and am very dedicated to it, i'm just looking to see if this is a common occurence, if it can be fixed etc.. I'm not necessarily looking for a new rig. Thx :D

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

It's likely that the 210 was reaching its mechanical limit and farting out.

Dunno about the hum issue.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'd say it's so likely that it's definitely the problem.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +3 the 210 is the limiting factor of the rig.

5. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    Not to bash Eden...I've had them as supplied "back-line" on MANY gigs on the road..

They always sounded "farty" to me...at any reasonable level...I dreaded using them.

Never turn the "suck-knob" on at all, and leave the EQ "flat" is the best advice I can give you....

They still have too much "wobble" even at that setting...This is IMHO...from many "bad-sound-nights" on the road ...when I was too tired to deal with it...and just went with it!

6. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    My Eden 210 was farting excessively on any notes lower than the E, even at medium level.

7. It would really depend on how much power you are running to the 210.

I had the same 'farting out' problem when playing the B on my 5 er through an 410XLT, and so ended up getting a 410XST to compliment. It really made a big improvement in my rig handling the fundamental B.

The mechanical limit of the 210 could be the issue, however, given that the XST's have the extended lower frequency range it might also be the XLT being the culprit.

Try soloing them at a moderate level and see.

8. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    What impedance is each cabinet? I ask because it will help to determine how the power is being distributed.

Although I have no experience with the neodymium version of the D210XST, I do have the one with "traditional" drivers. The XST cabinets are tuned lower than the XLT cabinets and also have more robust drivers which are more capable of handling the deep lows. So, while a 4x10" will generally handle more power than a 2x10", in this case comments about the XST cabinet reaching mechanical limits with low frequencies sooner are somewhat questionable.

I've directly compared the 2x10" XLT and XST cabinets and found that the XLT would break up on the low B long before the XST. Given that the D410XLT would be tuned higher, it may actually be the cabinet which is breaking up, not the D210XST, as the fundamentals of the low B are well below the relatively high port tuning the the XLT cabinet.