Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Buzzing Part 2...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by incognito89x, Aug 11, 2004.

1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Orignially detailed here

A couple days ago when I was playing the buzz came back. Again today when I was playing. Started out fine, but after a bit it started up again. I decided to do a little more investigating.

Taking off the grill and check the speakers, I've isolated the problem to the top right speaker. Light putting some pressure on the cone (dampening it) stops the buzzing. I tried the same technique on all four speaker. The other three the buzz continued, but dampening the top right stopped the buzz right away.

Now... how do I go about solving such an issue now? What is the exact cause of the problem? Am I going to need to get this reconed?

I'm glad I've got the problem isolated now at least. Now just to fix it.

2. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Not sure i can help you ...but i like your Avatar

woohoo new season athf coming! :hyper:

Thread Hijack over

3. It sounds like you've blown your speaker. You can contact the technical group and Eden to explain your situation. They will probably suggest that you have your speaker reconed.

4. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    If there is a tear in the cone of the speaker it can sometimes be repaired with a bit of tape.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Make sure all the bolts that hold the speakers in are tight. I had this in a Mackie SR 1530, and tightening the allen bolts fixed 'er right up.

6. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    One of my Eden drivers had an incorrectly glued dust cap. That may cause rattling. In fact, I am convinced that at least two of the drivers in my 4X10 XLT were refurbished (and very poorly) drivers installed as new. I am abandoning Eden as of this Sunday.

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    if you need the speaker reconed eden is/was pretty good about that

8. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I tried that previously.

I didn't see any tears in the cone. Seemed to be in order. It buzzed on its own, but with a little pressure or whatever dampening it it played fine.

9. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    A 500 watt 15 inch speaker of mine buzzed like crazy one night. I put my finger on it and the buzzing stopped at low volumes. It ended up being a 4 inch tear around the edge of the speaker. Talk about effort.