Eden Cab(s): (1)4x10 or (2)2x10, which ones for me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gazman_res, May 14, 2005.

1. Heya, I just picked up an eden pre & power amps on the 'bay. :cool: I love them so :hyper: , now i need to decide which is ideal for me. :confused:

I know this has been discussed at length before, but any opinions regarding Eden specifically would be much appreciated.

I'll be making the purchase on the Eden Cabs on Wed/Thursday, yes i will be jiggin work :ninja:

2. I'd say go for the two 2x10's. You can take 1 if you need it, or 2.
  3. slybass3000

slybass3000 Banned

Nov 5, 2004
    Check for the ports. Are they single ports or double ports?
    That can make a difference in your choice.
    XLT are double ports so more bottom.
  4. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    if you have a choice, then i'd definitely recommend a pair of Eden 210XST. that way for the louder gigs you have the option of running them stacked vertically for a unique sound distribution.
  5. Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    2 210 cabs is far more versatile than 1 410. I schlepped a 122 lb. 410 cab for about a year and swore off anything I couldn't carry myself. I didn't find the XSTs to have more bass than the XLTs, however. I bought a 550 head and was all set to buy a 210 XST. I tweaked it for over an hour in the store and never could get it to sound like the 210 XLT I first auditioned. Lots of people attribute a midrange hump to the XLT. Anyway, I hooked up the 210 XLT to my 550 and within minutes I was getting the fat, deep, and clear sound I was after. The XSTs may measure a deeper response in an anechoic chamber, but in the real world, the XLTs sounded way deeper to me.
  6. I vote 210s.I've had a pair of the 210xlts they sound great stacked,great bottom end.I love 410xlts also but at the end of the night or when you get home and there is no one to help you carry your 95 lb.cabinet up the stairs the 210s are a little easier.
  7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    If you've got the right car and the right lower back, the 410XLT will cost less that 2 210s, require less cabling, and sound good every night ... no thinking about whether or not you need both cabs ... throw it in the car and go play!

Plus, try to think throught the impedences if you ever want to add a 115 or anything ... 2 210s is either 2 or 4 ohms unless you get special cables for series wiring, a 410 is either 4 or 8 ohms.