1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by REV, Apr 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. REV

REV

Jun 18, 2006
    Does anyone know if all Eden cabinets are made in USA? Are they all made of plywood?

2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    EDEN is back? Didn't Eden get bought a while ago then resurfaced as DNA or something? If they are back then that's great. I loved the 410XLT I had. Hopefully someone will answer your question

murphy likes this.
  3. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Eden was bought by another company and makes a whole range of products...

Home | EDEN Amplification

David Nordscow of Eden (original)makes DNA amps....
    I do not know where any of that gear is made now

4. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    From the Eden website it looks like they're making the same stuff they made way back then. The only new stuff looks like the Terra Nova stuff

5. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    But where is this all made? Where is the factory?...Who owns Eden....and I never see them in stores anymore

Ok...so they are owned by Marshall

And it says their D series cabs are handcrafted in UK...and drivers built in the USA

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  6. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    All I know is they sound pretty good.
    Had a provided backline Eden 4x10 with their WT800 head. Their tech had us soundcheck and cranked it Pretty Loud(louder than I would've on my gear). I backed it down a touch when I saw the limiter come on during hard playing. Thanks to these folks at LD Systems Professional Audio Video and Lighting Services and the folks at HLSR !!!

7. grimjim

grimjim

Jan 26, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Endorsing artist;DNA Amplification, GHS strings
    DNA is all made here. Amps are made in Illinois while the cabs are made in Ohio I believe.

8. grimjim

grimjim

Jan 26, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Endorsing artist;DNA Amplification, GHS strings
    Could be Iowa, I always forget and mix the two up. I'll have to check an invoice.

9. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    Don't hesitate on Eden cabs. They are as good as anything out there. I have a 2x12 XST now, and had a 410T and 4x10 XLT. Gold standard back line for the Tonight Show.

craigie likes this.
  10. moogieotter

moogieotter Custom Title

Jun 16, 2009
    Duluth, GA
    I played a recent Eden 212. It was made in KY. Seems to be plywood. How to tell?

armybass likes this.
  11. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    "All Eden enclosures are constructed with 5/8" thick void free plywood with full dado and rabbet jointing."

armybass likes this.
  12. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Beats me

murphy likes this.
  13. Cabs are now made in the Marshall factory in the UK.

The D series are at least. Good stuff.

armybass likes this.
  14. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I recently bought one of their new 112 cabs but have not had a chance to gig it yet.

15. Initial impressions?

16. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I don’t recall. I need to try it out again. It was a few months ago. I’ve been down with a bad back waiting for surgery. I’ll check it out again this weekend.

Daniel Piper likes this.
  17. I rock two of the Eden D210XLTs in a vertical stack. Its the best rig I have owned so far.

Bob_Ross and SJan3 like this.
  18. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    I owned an old 115xlt and it had a lovely growl. I use an eden D212XLT and love it. It’s heavy but had no issues taking a tumble down a few steps when my bandmate forgot about the castors...
    As far as new stuff-no idea. Would be nice if they made them now without carpet.

19. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    That sounds like a badass rig, would love to hear that!

I have one of the older D-210T (along with a D-115 and a D-115T) and the clean deep low end you can get from that 2x10" is off the hook!