Eden cabs and EBS Head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Son of Bovril, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Will the EBS TD650 sufficiently power two eden D210XST 8ohm cabs? they are rated at 500watts each and the EBS only puts out 460 watts at 4 ohms... I know the cabs are pretty efficeint though?
  2. EBS amps are very loud for their rated wattage, so I don't think that will be the problem. Make sure you try that combo before you buy... IMO, the hi fi somewhat 'scooped' sound of the EBS line does not match up that well the the Eden cab sound.... but that just gets into personal taste.

As I mentioned before in other EBS threads, I owned both the 650 and 350 (I actually have the 350 for sale at the moment), and at 4ohms didn't really notice that much difference in volume, headroom etc, between the 650 and 350 (there was a slight amount of increased 'openness' with the 650 in the low end, but not that much)... so given the much larger size of the 650 (3 rack spaces vs. 2 for the 350), the much greater cost, and the relatively small difference in wattage at 4ohms (440 vs. 350), I would consider the 350 if that's the sound you are looking for.
  3. I just noticed that you have the XST Edens, which should sound great with the EBS... I was commenting on the match between the EBS and XLT line.
  4. Yeah, well its the ebs head or the fender 300 pro (full tube head). I'll have to try the two out and see which I prefer... I could also get the genz benz 600, Ampeg SVT 4 Pro or an eden WT800, but so far the EBS has sounded the best to my ears... maybe the Fender tube head will change my mind though?

Do any of these heads sound particularly good through these cabs?
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    why not?

both of those pieces will help you cut like a razor thru butter.
  6. Ah, now that is the kind of response I was looking for from a well respected member like yourself... thanx Joker :hyper: