Eden Cabs FS/FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dcr, Sep 3, 2004.

1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I've got a couple of Eden cabs for sale and thought I'd try here before I tried the evil-Bay.

The first is an Eden D210XLT. It's a few years old, and in Good condition. Some dings on grille, badge is scratched, few scratches on corners. No major damage or tears in carpet. Works perfect.

Next is an Eden D410T. A couple years older than the 210 (maybe 5 total), in about the same condition. Grille has a couple of scratches and dings. Again, nothing major, just slightly-above-normal wear and tear. Works great.

I also have an Anvil-type ATA road case available. It fits either the D410T or SWR Goliath II. I also think it'll fit the new big Schroeder cabs. It's in good shape overall. Some rust on (zinc?) corners, scraps, and dings but no major damage. Internal foam in great shape. Made by Opti-Case.

I'd like to get $350 for the D210XLT and $400 for the D410. Both cabinets are 8 ohm.

Road case -- make offer. Will work a deal for the D410T + case.

Buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees. Will deliver / meet within a reasonable distance of Little Rock, AR. Including Memphis, Greenville, MS, maybe Dallas, maybe Springfield/Branson, MO, maybe Tulsa, OK, or Shreveport/Monroe, LA for some gas money.

Trade? The whole lot for the right Bergie, Schroeder or Epi cab.

Interesting trade offers also considered.

Pix available on request. Will try to get some links together today or tomorrow and post here

2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Bump for Sunday pm

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Bump for Monday p.m.

Make me an offer.

4. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Just out of curiosity, what's "the right" cab? 410? 610? 810? :)
  5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Looking for Bergie 322 or Schroeder 21012. Might also consider an Epifani 310 NYC. The Bergie is probably my first choice, though.

Not gonna limit myself at this point. Whatcha got?

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Bump for back to work Tuesday a.m.

7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Bump for Wednesday a.m. -- 0440 local time.

8. Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I traded my 210T and 210 XLT for Berg 1-15 and 2-10...wished I hadn't!!! Before you trade off the Eden's characteristic in your face sound, you might want to A/B the Eden 410XLT against the Berg 322. I say this because I still have my Eden 410XLT (use it for band practice three times a week) and I've come to the conclusion that I like the aggressiveness of the Eden FAR more than I like the smoothness of the Bergs. It is purely a matter of opinion and taste, but I suggest you try this if you possibly can- Demo the two side by side in your familiar band environment. They weigh about the same. Nothing and I mean nothing cuts like the Eden. Roadshows use Eden or the Ampeg...I've never seen a Berg on a tour. Since I've had the Bergs, I've tried way too many high dollar heads/amps (Aguilar, Demeter, Hafler, Ashdown, GK...) trying to give them the juice and me the aggressive cut that both of us need. I'm playing aggressive country, pop and roots rock...no shredding stuff...no double stacks...ok, the drummer is kinda loud. I say keep the 210XLT cause they're nice to have around, trade the 410T for an XLT. I suspect the current quest for an uncolored or transparent sound is based on a player sitting there playing solo...put that same cab with a band and all that finesse seems to get lost and the fingers reach for the low mid hump knob to get some air moving...or you could stick with Eden which is known (and often criticized) for this characteristic...it is for a reason. Just my two cents or should I say thousands, which is what I have spent trying to get the Bergs to work for me.
  9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I appreciate your comments -- really!

I'll admit that I have not A/B'd them and doubt seriously that I'd be able to. Here in LA (that's LOWER ARKANSAS), high-end dealers are few and far between. Closest serious dealer is about 150 miles away -- and I almost don't have a day to blow just for trial. I was only really looking to get rid of the Edens if I could get exactly out of them what I need, and there's not moving well. So it may be a moot point any way. Plus, I'll take a bath on the road case I already own for the D410T.

I like the sound of the Eden cabs fine. Especially for what I use a big rig for, which is outdoor stuff like festivals or really big stages. Together, they handle my big amp (Kern/Stewart 1.2) well.

I'm basically looking for higher power handling in one box instead of two. Then again, I don't do very much large stuff any more anyway. I'm covering about 90% of what I need with my Avatar 112, and I've got another on the way.

Come to think of it, you may have reasoned me out of the cab buying business. Sometimes, GAS has a way of making me lose my focus.

Thanks again for your comments.

10. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Bump for Thursday -- 0845 a.m. local time.

11. dr.corcles

Oct 26, 2004
    is any of this still for sale?
  12. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Yes, both cabs are still for sale.

13. dcr

dcr Supporting Member