1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden Cabs Pre XST XLT Feedback

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ElStretcho, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ElStretcho

ElStretcho

Apr 2, 2009
    Hello All-

A local guy is selling an Eden D110T (2x10) and D115T. I tried looking around for feedback on these but mostly find stuff on the XST and XLTs. Wondering how they compare and what you might expect to pay.

First post, been going crazy reading as much as I can. Guitar player trying to pick up the bass now and really enjoying it but have quickly outgrown my Fender Frontman 15B 'amp.' Looking to upgrade but only want to do it once (wishful thinking). Leaning towards a WTX260 or 500 (if I can wait) or an LMII. Probably just play basic rock, garage rock, maybe a little punk and alt country kinda stuff. Just looking to get out there and jam again.

I played a WTX260 locally thru a GK 410 Neo and just loved the sound. Too many choices, not enough time or money.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks-Stretch

2. winston

winston

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Hi Stretch, welcome to TalkBass.

I actually prefer the sound of the rear-ported Eden D series Cabs to the XLTs I've played (haven't heard an XST up close). A more balanced, punchy tone to my ears.

You say it's a D110T but that it's a 2x10...which is it? The D110T if I recall was meant to get a lot of low end in a smallish package, which means it's not very loud. Physics dictates that out of low, little, and loud, you can pick any 2 at the expense of the third.

I own an WT-400 which I love. Most people say the WTX-260 is underpowered and there have been enough service/production issues with new products since US Music bought Eden a few years back. To me the LMII, an older Eden head, or something like the GK MB2-500 would be a better bet.

3. DrPieZon

DrPieZon

Nov 16, 2007
    Nashua, NH
    I've had an Eden D-210T and D-115T for years. I use a WT-400 to power them and it's a great sounding rig. The D-210T is not the fullest sounding 210 on it's own, but with the 115 it's got plenty of punch and beef.;)

4. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    yeah the the Eden D-x10T cabs are not meant to produce the lowest of the low. IIRC they only go down to 80Hz, and my experience confirms that as well. However, these cabs are punchy as hell, paired with a low cab, and that will be a nice rig. (as suggested in the above post).

5. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I played a D401T for years. Great cab. Not quite the low end pillow of the larger, heavier XLT but really tight and punchy.