Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Carrying Bag

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fbregy, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Fbregy

Fbregy

Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Hey
    Have a WT400. I need something to carry it on a plane with. Looked at their leather carrying bag but $80 for a bag seems like alot of money. Any suggestions.

Thanks

2. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    I bit the bullet and got their carrying bag - I don't know if they've changed it, but mine's padded canvas, not leather. Its is quite nice, though. Its been great for the head and I've never had a problem with it. Very convenient.

Lates,
    Davo

3. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    A ditto on Davo's post.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i use a SKB turntable suitcase. kinda heavy, but it'll handle any abuse. you could also try Laptop bags. they seem like they'd fit well.

5. Fbregy

Fbregy

Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks
    I might end up just going with the bag. Musicians Friend also has a variety of soft rack mount bags in 2-4&6 space configurations. I think it was MF

6. I have the Eden bag too, I think it's great! I don't know if it would offer sufficient protection on a plane trip though, it is only a soft case afterall.

7. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I agree. On a plane trip I'd put it in a box (still in the bag too) with peanuts just like shipping.

That has 2 effects. 1) it offers extra protection needed. 2) it helps deter sticky hands from baggage handlers.

8. Fbregy

Fbregy

Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    My fault. I wasn't clear. I plan on carrying the head on and checking the bass in a flight case. The place we are playing will be providing speaker cabs and such.

9. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I didn't want to shell out $80 for the Eden bag so I got the Mesa Walkabout bag (exact same dimensions) for $50. Though the foam's not super dense it's well designed/built and fits my WT-400 snugly. It's available at www.mesaboogie.com in the accessories section.

10. I'd check Ebay too, every once in awhile they'll have a bag up there. You could rackmount the amp too....

11. Fbregy

Fbregy

Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Hey
    Thanks
    I will probably do the mesa bag thing. Looks like it will work perfectly for what I need.

Thanks

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

This is even more expensive in the UK and the people in the shop told me not to bother!

I have just used various small(ish) rucksacks - much cheaper and easier to carry - outdoor shops carry a bewildering variety of rucksacks with varying levels of padding!

13. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I've been using an old laptop bag for my WT-300. It fits just right and is tough enough for carrying to gigs. The pouch on the outside holds the power and speaker cords, too.

Shouldn't be too hard to find a used laptop bag at a good price.

Tornadobass

14. Fbregy

Fbregy

Apr 10, 2002
    Little Rock, AR
    Probably a good idea. I will head to the local computer store tomorrow and see what they have to offer.