Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden carrying case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Humabass, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    I just made an interesting discovery. I just bought a WT550 and ordered the carrying bag. The bag, however, is currently backordered and I have a gig tomorrow. I didn't relish the idea of carrying the amp in it 's box or just loose and realized that I have two SKB "small mixer cases". I have had them for a long time and use one for just a storage case for cables and accessories and the other holds my custom pedalboard. The WT fits PERFECTLY in these cases with even room for the power cord laid across the top of the amp. These cases go for about $100.00 bucks but make for a very nice compact hard carrying case for the WT300,400,and 550. Just thought I'd share for anyone who might be interested.

Huma

2. widjajar

widjajar

Apr 21, 2003
    Is this the SKB case you're talking about? http://www.skbcases.com/product/pro_audio/mixer/skb-1615.html
    Would you care to post pics for the amp fits in the case, if it's not too much trouble?
    I'm also looking for a case that fits my WT 550.

3. Humabass

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah, that's the one. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow. Actually the power cord will fit on the side if you scoot the amp over a tad but you can still lay it on top if you prefer.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I also think that the WT-550 fits perfectly into the gig bag for the Mesa Boogie Walkabout, which is quite nice.

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Humabass,

I bought a WT-550 last December, and I only received my back ordered Eden bag in April. I guess that they're out of stock again; they just aren't making them fast enough or something.

I like your SKB idea. Those cases appear to be more protective than the bag.

IMHO, the Eden bag is just OK. Other than being a perfect fit for the head, being very compact, and having the huge cool-looking Eden logo on the top of the case, it's only marginally functional. My gripes are that it doesn't have much padding and the carrying handles & strap attachment points don't appear to be very durable, for an $80 piece of gear. Anyway, I still like it and will just be "babying it" when I use it.

:rolleyes:

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  7. Humabass

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Here are some pics. I realized that it's better to have either side facing forward so that the weight of the unit doesn't rest on the front knobs or the rear DI level knob when the case is stored vertically.

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the tip! I picked one up today at Scam Cash, and will give it a try tomorrow.

In any case, it'll work better than the canvas Whole Foods bag with bubblewrap in the bottom!

9. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Thanks for posting the photos Humabass. I kinda wish that I bought that SKB instead of the Eden bag. Your case is just as compact as the Eden bag, but it provides more protection.