1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden combo into a Euphonic Audio Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Julian Reid, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Julian Reid

Julian Reid

May 5, 2014
    Hi all,
    bit of a crazy setup maybe...

I have an Eden en320 combo. It uses its full 320Wats into the internal speakers (2 x 10).
    Its ok on its own, and i can just Rehearse with enough headroom. I find the Eden a little bottomy, and perhaps a bit dull, but nice thump. But I plugged a Sansamp into it, and presto, it's a lot clearer, and much more variation. Highs are a lot crisper, the bottom seems cleaned up (pardon the pun).

I've also, fortunately just come across a Euphonic nm410 Cab. 1000W @ 8 ohms. It seems like a lot of watts @8ohms, but perhaps it's really supposed to be part of a much bigger rig than i need?

Anyway, the Eden can run any ohm cab as an extension. I'm not technical, and I don't know how, but it can. And it does.
    However, it uses no additional watts as its fully loaded.
    But I plugged the EA cab in, and it sounds magnificent. These are one beautiful sounding Cab. And it adds a ton of volume. And the Cab seems to compliment the Eden. The EA is powering over the Eden speakers, but not by that much. Its very clean and seems to clean up the overall sound nicely, whilst still leaving a little muddiness (Character?), which is not necessarily a bad thing (To my ears). And I'm sure i could do some better EQing.
    I have yet to gig with it, but i think it will have stacks of headroom.

I guess the question is, am i ridiculously underpowering the EA cab, and should hang my head in shame, or get a better head setup (And if so, what?), or is the large increase in volume an ok thing, and i should just continue.

It feels kind of like i'm not doing the EA cab justice, but it sounds great...

2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    If it sounds great just go with it.

3. joebar

joebar

Jan 10, 2010
    EA cabs sound great and the one you have is the cream of the crop from what I hear.
    maybe a separate head to go with that cab is the key.