Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tony h, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Tony h

Tony h

Dec 30, 2005
    Oakland CA , USA
    looking for some feedback on these combos, the 250 watt or smaller. They look really good, how do they sound ?
    better than ampeg ?
    thanks

2. godspeed68

godspeed68 i like music. a lot.

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I own the dc112xlt (i think thats the model) and it owns, I really like it. It's pricey though. The only ampeg combo I've played through is the ba115. Id take that eden over the ampeg any day (of course this depends on the sound you want, y'know?)

tOm

3. I have a CXC-110 + CX-110. I use it at church- loud, contemporary, multi-cultural(everything from alt-rock to quasi-traditional black gospel; no country :eyebrow: ), large & LOUD. W/the extension cab hooked up it makes 330@8ohms, IIRC. Very nice tone for BG. I also plug my DB into this rig(w/o the ext cab; better for feedback resistance)- it makes the doghouse sound sweet; better than any aother amp I've put it into. The whole deal was at or around $1,000. BassNorthWest beat all the net dealers & are great guys, BTW.

Edit: Just reread the original post. Ampeg & Eden are for me at opposite ends of the tonal spectrum, Ampeg being the old school(BTW, I HATE that overused & often inaccurate- like now, really- term), gritty/beefy/tubey tone end, & Eden at the super-clean-magnifying-all-my-sloppy-technique end. I actually went from an SVT-3pro/PR 4x10hlf to this rig, & couldn't be happier. Nothing bad about Ampeg IMO, just very different(from Eden).

Edit: One more thing- 250 watts of Eden will bury 250 watts of Ampeg, IME.

4. p5string

p5string

Aug 21, 2004
    Webster, NY
    I own an Ampeg B100R & a Nemesis NC210. Power rating aside, they're toneally two distinctly different animals. The Nemesis is a modern sounding amp-very smooth. The Ampeg is, well, classic old school Ampeg tone. You won't get sound out of one that you'll get with the other. They're both great amps but serve very different purposes. You really need to listen to both. YMMV.

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I tried AT A BAND PRACTICE the cxc-110 combo. our band tends to play about 100-105 DBc on stage. the cxc-110 did not play that loud, but with an extention speaker (aguilar gs112) it did get loud enough, but I had to push the combo fairly hard. I could see it working VERY NICELY at quieter <100dbc gigs, acoustic or coffee shop type gigs.

if I could do it I'd llike to try the DC112xlt ($1200) or the cxc112 I think the larger speaker would be just about right for me. The tone is nice and deep.

6. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I also have a nemesis NC210,they have a good sound and crank for a 250 watt amp. I had a BA115 and I like this better. I'm just not a fan of 15" speaker as stand alone. A better comparison would be the BA210SP. I have not played one of those but have seen good reviews.
    BTW I still own my SVT-3Pro and PR410HLF. They sound great. I just got a WT1205 and 410XLT. They are both Hybrid amps and both sound great. I don't buy into that vast difference unless your comparing Tube to SS. Then it make sense,but the Hybids? Yeah there's a difference,but I wouldn't call it vast.
    Power wise there is a vast difference.
    For that matter a SS or Hybrid Ampeg does not sound like a classic All Tube Ampeg.

7. Stumpy6653

Stumpy6653

Sep 12, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    Look at the Metro or the CXC1015

I have used the Metro live with some pretty loud players. It can also get louder by adding boxes. It will go down to 2ohms and not cough a bit. :)

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    The Meto is a excellent combo, I little more than you were asking about, but if you willing to pay for it, you can't do much better.

9. Tony h

Tony h

Dec 30, 2005
    Oakland CA , USA
    thanks for that, must check the metro out