Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden crossover/tweeter into a Nemesis combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scheissmacht, Dec 17, 2003.

1. I'm talking about putting this crossover
    [​IMG]
    and this tweeter
    [​IMG]
    into this amp
    [​IMG]
    Anyone ever done this? I've got the parts here but don't know how to go about it.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Damnit my Eden cab is out on loan with a friend. If it was here I'd go open it up and have a look for you........

BTW good move! I replaced the horn on my Nemisis 4x10 and the speaker cab came to life. I always felt like the horn protection was cutting in long before the speakers were anywhere near their limit. I was right! I can now drive that cab much harder, the speakers take it, and it's the "loudest" cab in my arsenal.

3. thanks for the input
    hopefully someone else with an Eden cab can come along and help me out here

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My Eden's is stil out on loan and will be for a while (poor guy had his car stolen with everything in it. I tod him he could use it for as long as he needs it).

I'll be back in a sec. I'll go and open up the Nemisis. The crossovers aren't the same but they may be similar enough .

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    First of all, please excuse the crap photo. I dearly need a decent digital camera........

[​IMG]

Looks like three wires - The white wire is where the signal enters the crossover. It is connected to the positive terminal of the speaker cone. The red wire is is connected to the positive terminal of the horn, black wire is connected to the negative terminal of the horn.

If eden are like most manufacturers, they would have kept the order of the connections the same across both models to keep production costs down. So my first guess would be to try and connect the eden crossover with the wires in the same order as they appear here.

Once it's connected, test it by playing at very low volume and sending some trebley snapy notes through the cab, something that will make it obvious wether or not the horn is working.

Sorry that's the best I can do without my eden cab .........

6. SUPER, thank you very much
    that looks exactly like the connections on the Eden crossover
    Does that black wire with the dual connectors run to the crossover AND the neg pole on the tweeter?
    [​IMG]

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I don't know. Mine doesn't have a dual black connector so I can't help you with that one. Actually that black wire looks like it's connected to the negative terminal of the speaker. My 4x10 doesn't have anything connected negative terminal of the speaker cone.

Can you post a pic of the back of the Eden crossover?

8. sure, came out kinda fuzzy but there's nothing to read anyway
    [​IMG]
    front of the PCB, looks very similar in layout to the Nemesis one

[​IMG]
    back of the PCB, you can also see a couple of prongs at the far end of the crossover, they go to the "full range in" connectors on the back. pretty sure I don't need to worry about that.

9. Well I made a guess at how it should all go together and it didn't work. The main speaker was still carrying a signal but nothing out of the tweeter.