Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden cutting power?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pesci1313, Oct 29, 2001.

1. i have played eden cabs around, and definately do love the sound i get and can change it around, and basically i'm in love with eden. however never having had a chance to play one in a band setting i don't know how well they cut through. i'm looking toward getting maybe the cxc210 combo, and then adding a 15 inch cab as an extension. this SHOULD be enough driving force, don't have too loud of a drummer to worry about really, but the guitarist does tend to get a little loud sometimes, what do you guys think?

2. pil101

pil101

Jul 8, 2000
    hello, i have the cxc-410. i play in a punk band, my problem is my loud guitarist through a marshall half -stack. my eden performs well and doesnt get drowned out by the guitar. if my guitarist wanted to, he could blow me away though. i too am thinking about getting a 15 inch eden cabinet. i cant seem to find a decent used one though.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think the rig you describe will be just fine.

4. I have an Eden 410XLT and 210XLT. Depending on the size of the gig I'll use one, the other, or both. I've never had a problem with the speakers cutting through. If anything I have to be thoughtful about the size of the place, otherwise I bring too much speaker coverage, making my sound too prominent and I get complaints from the sound people.

There could be worse problems to deal with...;)

5. I have a WT-300 and a pair of D-210Ts. In my old band, I got complaints from the (lame and resoundingly mediocre) guitarist and keyboardist because I simply owned the stage sound. Our drummer was damn good and liked my tone a lot, though, so that was all that mattered. I still quit to play prog-metal.