1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden CXC 410 Combo...Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zooberwerx, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I hate to post a "what's it worth?" thread but, durnit, time is tight and the deal is local.

An acquaintance is offering up a his older CXC 410 combo(with the 3 band para EQ, not the Time Traveler). I offered $350 and he came back with $400. Am I even in the ballpark in terms of value?

Thanks

Riis

2. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    If all of the drivers are in good working condition it's a good deal.

3. To me, the Eden CX series speakers/cabs were the best in tone to any manufacturers speaker/cabs. Its been a while but they still might be. $400 for that combo, if everything is in good condition, you bet.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I appreciate the input. I think I'll do the $400 provided its in good shape. In all honesty, I don't care that much for the more recent 410 series. The Traveler's control panel looks a bit sparse.

Riis

5. In hindsight... CXC/Traveller I thought was a fantastic combo but I needed more power. What could have/should have done was run the pre-amp out into a power amp to drive another (CX) cab or two. My rig would have been scalable from one combo up to more cabs powered by what ever was needed, say 1000 watts (per channel).