Eden CXC combo feedback? 110 or 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AJClone, Apr 30, 2003.

1. AJClone

Mar 11, 2002
    Anyone have any feedback on the Eden CXC 10 or 12 inch combos? I've looked at the Euphonic 10 inch (to be replaced by their whizzy 12) and the Ashdown ABM 10 inch but still haven't landed on anything...just wondering about the Eden combos and maybe how they rate against these others.

2. DonovanBankhead

DonovanBankhead Banned Commercial User

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Owner - FretSpot.com; Vice President - Springfield Music
    While I haven't tried the combo, I just bought two of the CX-110 cabs to use w/my new rig and they sound incredible.
  3. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
  4. I just bought a CXC110 and I gotta tell ya, It's the BEST sounding small combo I've ever heard. Sure, it's expensive, but you get what you pay for! I originally bought it for practice, but I gotta tell ya, it's over-qualified for that use only. I'm actually going to use it on some gigs. I play Lakland 55's and I've never heard a single 10" handle a Lakie's low B like this little dynamo! I can't help you with a comparison with the other two you mentioned, I've never played them, I just thought I'd give you my imoressions on the Eden-can't go wrong!
    Laklandman :hyper:
  5. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking of getting a CXC110 combo for practice, and putting a CXC112 cab under it to gig with. I play in a blues band, and no one plays insanely loud. For most shows, I'll have no PA support.

Would you fellas think that 335 watts rms through the 110 and 112 would move enough air and give enough volume for small to mid sized venues????

Andy. :cool:
  6. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I've tried out a CXC 110, CXC 112 and CXC 210.

From my experience the head section has an easy to use control layout with a nice tone. The speakers on the other hand... they were clipping and farting all over the place.

It seemed like if I pushed a little further the speakers were going to bust. And that's with my passive fender Geddy Sig.

My suggestion check the combo out for yourself and see if you get the same result.

from my experience with these amps and from the amount of money that you seem to be willing to spend ...

I think you can find some other combo (or other
    approach)you want with a better speaker cabinet for
    the same cost.

I have never tried the ABM 110 but I've played other stuff and it seems to be built well.

other options may be EBS drome 112, EA Wh 112, or I've even liked the ampeg B-50R