Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eden CXC110 and D210XLT: good together?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rbud2003, Jan 20, 2004.

1. rbud2003

rbud2003

Feb 21, 2003
    I recently purchased an Eden CXC110 combo and I love it. Now I'm looking for an expansion cab for it.

I was looking at getting a CXM112 but I can get a great deal on a D210XLT. Almost for the same price as the CXM112.

For the time being, I was hoping to get away with using the cab and the internal 10" speaker. I play mostly in small clubs and plug into the PA system when available.

Should I go for the D210XLT?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/
    How do you like this amp? I'm thinking of using it w/ a CXM112 to replace an Ampeg SVT Classic 410 HE driven by a Carvin DCM 600 (450 watts @ 8 ohms) and Sans Amp RBI.

How does it handle volume??? I do a Blues gig where I don't need to be excessively loud.

I like the idea of cruising into practive with a 39 lb combo that spits out 235 watts, and putting a CXM 112 underneath it for gigs, giving me 335 watts througha 10 and 12.

Opinions?

3. rbud2003

rbud2003

Feb 21, 2003
    I like the sound and most of all the weight! I was hurting my back lugging around my GK1001RB 2x10 combo.

I do find it lacking a bit in the volume department even when I'm praticing with my band. I guess that little 10" speaker just can't move enough air. That's why I'm looking into getting an expansion.

I did use the amp at a small club on New Years Eve in along with using its direct out to the PA system. In this case, it was a great as a stage monitor. The sound guy just loved the tone coming from this amp.

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The 210 is a great companion. I played that setup for awhile before I jumped and spent the cash on the BIG RIG. With the 210 extension you'll gain a lot of air.

Good Luck!