Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden CXC110 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jellybass, Dec 7, 2004.

1. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    If anyone is using this amp, is it loud enough to do gigs in a 100 or so seat club while not being run through the pa? I like to bring as little as possible in to a club and this thing seems to good to be true, 230 watts as it stands in a 10 inch speaker weighing 30 something pounds.

2. Well I haven't tried that amp, but my 200 Watt SWR with and Ampeg Sortabass 1x10 will get loud enough in my 450 seat sanctuary to fill it with bass. At least enough that my wife complained about how loud it was :) It's sensitivity is pretty low too, 93 dB. I don't think you'd have much trouble if you're not trying to shake the house down.

You could get the extension cab too, I've seen them used for around $200. Or an ampeg like mine: 20 lbs. and about $125.

3. Yeah I love mine. It is loud for its size. I questioned the specs before I bought it becasue not very many combos can hit 37hz. Fewer small combos are 2 ohm stable. Same price and weight as the swr BBB.

Unfortunately, the swr engineers castrated the BBB amp by not giving it any real power or a driver that can play real lows.

Here is what I said about the Eden amp. there is a picture of it in a ministack config.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1773710&postcount=4

4. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I tried one in a store with a fretted Peavey Cirrus 5 string. I have a fairly similar setup at home (fretless Cirrus 5, Eden WT400 head and EA Wizzy/Bergantino HT112 cabs). I really liked the sound, portability and low end from the CXC110, but the speaker didn't seem to be able to handle vigorous low-B forays at what I'd consider gig volume. I bet it smokes with the extension cab.

5. I crank my low B-putting the volume past 3:00. no clipping or bottoming out. My bass is passive. Don't know why that happened.

But I notice that auditioning an abused floor model with an unfamiliar bass can make people think there is something wrong with the amp.

Make sure start by setting the bass set bass flat on basses with active electronics. Edens preamp controls are subtle.

My car stereo will make your hair stand up in it only has a 10". It, like eden, is designed to play flat. But if I have a poorly mixed cd, boost the loudness or bass, yeah its going to clip. This old Stabbing Westward recording comes to mind. It will make anything distort.

People need to treat there amps and eq's gracefully. Because most of these crappy preamps that come onboardbasses, couple with a redundant preamp on the combo or head, will make anything clip or overload if you just start banging on the B, the way 98% of people do in the stores.

But when you treat the amp like you own it, chances are, it will sound just fine.

That's my theory, anyway.

6. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    yeap! telling it like it is. Good take.

7. jellybass

jellybass Guest

Nov 8, 2004
    Thanks. I am going to give the CXC a test run and see how it works out. I appreciate all the feedback.