Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden CXC300 with a 15" and 10" ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bill spangler, Jun 16, 2002.

1. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    Has anyone had any experience with this combo amp?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Played one at GC in Las Vegas a couple years ago. It sounded great. Gave me GAS. Rich in the mids, nice high sparkle if you want it, OK on the bottom. It's what inspired me to buy a D-115XL to put under my D-210XLT. There's just something about 10s and 15s together that sounds robust across the spectrum.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    how does the crossover work in that cab?
    how efficent is it?

cos the triad is the same thing, and while it SOUNDS awesome, it sucks volume wise.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I wouldn't call this a LOUD combo. But it was loud enough to cause a salesperson to raise his eyebrow. I'd say good for small to medium venues, maybe 250 people. But tone, tone, tone.

5. JoelEoM

JoelEoM

Mar 11, 2002
    Lancaster, PA
    a friend of mine has this, he's using it for a cover band, heavier stuff like system, tool, staind, etc....it cuts thru VERY well, but like munji said, its not good for more than 250 or so. he eqs with a lot more highs and hi mids so he can compensate. as long as he doesnt overuse his B string, it works fine, and doesnt break up. very very punchy.