Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden CXM-112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tsal, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hey guys,

Has anyone had any encounters with Eden CXM-112, or with the smaller CXM-110? If you have, I would appriciate any opinions about it you might like to share.

I'm looking for a small, portable speaker cab to haul around the town to different rehearsals and gigs and CXM-112 would seem practical over single 1x15" because of three things:

1) It's small and light and the price is right.
    2) It goes to 42Hz(claims Eden) which is good enough for me - I do play a 5-string but prefer low mid punch over boom and only seldomly play below low-E - and it has a tweeter.
    3) It's pretty loud with it's 100dB/w/m rating.

I would be using it for home practicing, pretty loud rock rehearsals and even at smaller gigs. I would be driving it with my Hartke 3500 which puts out 240w for a single CXM. I can use my Peavey TVX-410 for larger gigs but it's nothing you like to drag around on light basis.

2. LizzardTom

LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    I have the TimeTraveler 1-10 combo and the CXM 1-12 cab with it. I love this cabinet. I bought it at Bass Central with Gards help. Trust me he can tell you I tried them all there. You won't knock down any walls with these cabs, but, they have (IMO) a warm yet HI-FI sound. They are very light weight and small. The thing that sold me, was their ability to handle my Azola bug bass. It also handles my Lakland 5-string. In conjunction with the Timetraveler combo I get about 330 watts of power, enough for my needs. I get a lot of compliments on my sound.;)

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The lates edition of the UK Bass Guitar magazine, has long feature on small cabs and inludes the CXM112 in its "shoot-out" with EA, Ampeg etc.

I was very tempted from the specs and what they say about it. It is much cheaper and significantly lighter than the EA equivalent.

The mag does say that the EA produced more bottom end, but they liked the warmth of the Eden.

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well, I must say also Ashdown mini-cabs look nice. Besides, they're European :) Not that it would matter except in price issues.

5. i got my Eden CXM-112 from the Bass Centre in london for £385 and am extremly happy with it, i'm running it with an ampeg B2R and a 5er with flats on, and i get a nice growly tone. The shape is slightly awkward, but it is light and i am considering selling my 210 to get another Eden 112.

*Si*

p.s.
    my low D sounds ultra mega fantastic through this setup :)