Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D-210XLT $425

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by iammr2, Sep 21, 2002.

1. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Never gigged! Got this new in a trade and quit playing for the last 7 years, so it’s only been used at home. One of the most used cabinets for bassists. 8 ohms. Measures +/-2db from 48hz to 14khz. Sensitivity measures 104dB@ 1 meter and the cabinet is rated at 350 watts. That comes out to 129dB ( loud! ). It is in excellent shape with the exception of a ding to the upper right corner. You can always order an extra corner from Eden if that’s a big deal. These are listing for $850 and my price on this is $425.

Cabinet measures 23"W x 19.5"H x 18.5"D and weighs 68 lbs., so I would like to sell this locally. Email for pics.

2. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    If you watch the auctions and the classifieds, you'll find that the market rate for this cabinet is in the $425 range. Nobody is getting stuck here for a cabinet that's been gigged to death or had any burned drivers. It is in excellent condition ( with the exception of one corner cover ). If you want pics to see for yourself, email me. Being a local sale, the prospective purchaser will get to audition the cabinet. I'm sure they'll find the tone excellent.

3. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    I'm in the market for another cab. What part of Texas?

4. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Downtown Dallas, Texas, home of the ... the... ah, what the heck is the name of that football team??

5. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
  6. You are rather thick aren't you Munji? Unless you are willing to seriously purchase this fellahs cab, you will abide by the moderators request and SHUT THE HELL UP. JC..like we haven't gone through this more than once.

7. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    What is the age if this cabinet?

8. hmm. what moderator's request are you talking about? i am unaware...:confused:

9. Read the classifieds FAQ and note the section that says;
    Q: What if someone’s asking price is too high?

A: Sellers are entitled to ask any price they want for their item. Please do not contact a seller regarding their prices unless you’re interested in purchasing the item.

This was in posted in direct response to the two times Munji harrassed me on my asking price for a similar condition Eden cab. I tried to engage him in a constructive conversation on the matter but he'd rather bitch and run than discuss. He was asked by the moderators to remove his messages, which he did. This kind of behaviour on his part is less than helpful and in this case, in direct violation of the moderators requests.

10. ah. i am now aware.. :D

i agree with you though mad subwoofer, although i didn't read the posts where you claim you were harrassed for your asking prices.

live and let live eh? ;)

11. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    I dont think its the price that's so bad, hell if its what you say it is the $425 is probably a decent deal. It's more an issue with the market.

I'm looking for another bass cabinet. I've been talking to no less than 8 folks, in my area. SWR Henry, Epifani 2x12, Epifani 4x10, SWR Goliath III, this Eden, another D410XLT, Berg HT212 and a Berg 3x10. I've already passed on a Goliath Sr. and SVT 8x10 this week.

Alot of people are dumping bass gear in Dallas and nobody is buying. There is no sense in paying what "the market USED to bear". So until I find that "killer" deal, I'm holding on to my money. There are just too many choices right now.

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hey, thanks for that link, man! I'm selling some Eden stuff these days and that's REALLY helpful. Cool. :D

13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California

WILL YOU PEOPLE GET A CLUE AND READ THE FREAKIN' CLASSIFIEDS FAQ ALREADY?????

IT'S THE FIRST THREAD OF THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T POST THAT JUST FOR SHOW AND I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN HAVING TO BABYSIT YOU GUYS.

14. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    Emotional arent we?

Cabinet age please. Thank you.

15. :mad:

well well well, stress level a tad bit high? screaming at me is unneccesary, as i rarely browse these classifieds enough to 'read the faq' or to 'care about the faq' .....

16. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California

Yes, It was on the high side at that particular moment. I'm better now, thank you for your concern.

I wasn't screaming "at you" (phew, what an ego), I was screaming in your general direction, to the people who disrupt sales and do all those little things that prevent the classifieds from running smoothly. I know I can't make it perfect, but I'll make it as perfect as I can. Since you're not here enough to know how much work I put into this and you 'don't care' about the faq, I think the admonishment was well deserved and suggest you take your whiny self-righteous indignation elsewhere.

When I'm right, nobody remembers, when I'm wrong, nobody forgets.:rolleyes:

17. LOL. :D

ah dude. no reason to be so harsh.

well, you quoted what i said in your post, and then yelled at me with the biggest font size you could... and that's in my general direction? :rolleyes:

i was simply stating that i don't frequent this part of the talkbass site that much, and i wasn't even aware that there was a faq for it... and for this i get two harsh reprimands from its moderator? nice.

18. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    If you read my post carefully, you'll see I used the term "you people", denoting that the post was addressed to a group, not to an individual.

I quoted your post because it reinforced the fact that some people (again, not individuals) aren't paying attention.

Well, let me ask you this: I stuck the FAQ at the top of the list so that it would be one of the first things people would see (excluding the occasional announcement from Paul). What do I need to do to get people to read it?

Everyone likes a civil and positive environment to post their ads and I'm happy to provide it to y'all, but if I took the time to address every disruption individually, I'd have little time to do anything else, hence the FAQ.

It was obvious that this thread was being seen by a lot of people who slipped through the cracks on the FAQ and I thought it would be a good idea to post one big reminder for people to read it. So I was ticked off at the time. Are you saying it never happens to you?

Furthermore, about this statement:

How did you expect me to react to that? "not being aware" and "not caring" are very different things. Either way, just because you're hardly here doesn't mean you couldn't take a minute to look at it. It's not my fault you set yourself up as an example.:)

The second reprimand was well earned, methinks.

19. iammr2

iammr2

Jun 10, 2002
    Tejas
    Cab is a '95.

20. well, so be it then. i'm a peaceful individual.. so, you win! :D
    What the hell is my problem for not reading the faq first?? :D