Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D-210XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowfrez, Sep 20, 2001.

1. I'm looking for a small portable cabinet (210-4x8) that would work great for a 2-4 gig a week band. But, i play a stingray 5 fretless and use alot of low B, in which i need some of that low end. What i'm asking is if this cab is efficent enough for me. I don't really need alot of volume just an accurate tight sound. Do any of you think that The D-210XLT is my anwser. Also i own a Ampeg SVT3-PRO amp and i was thinking of getting the eden in the 4ohm version. There is an eden dealer here, but he dosen't stock anything. :rolleyes:

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yes, the D210XLT will do the job for you, I think. I would suggest you NOT get the 4 ohm, however, as you may decide to pair it up with a 15 later (great with a D115XL) and will then wish you had the 8 ohm. I often run the D210XLT by itself with an Eden WT400 and it's an exceptional rig. I often play a 'Ray 5, too. I can't comment on the amp you mention as I have no experience with it. I can tell you the Eden cab sounds fantastic with Eden, SWR and Mesa Boogie amps I own. Good luck.

3. Tapp

Tapp

Aug 29, 2001
    USA, Mississippi
    Biggest sounding 2-10 cab I've ever heard and owned! It sounds better to me than the SWR Goliath 2 4-10 that I had before it. It's not going to be SVT 8-10 cab but for portability it's great!

tapp

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    It's a great cab. I play funk, blues, and cover tunes. I use one cab for most smaller bars and two cabs for the larger places. One cab will still kick butt, especially with the low B. It holds together with great low end punch. I agree with the post that suggests buying the 8ohm.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Excellent choice, handles the low B without breaking a sweat. I still really like mine, even after comparing it with higher priced 210's.

Aguilar is worth looking at, too.

6. my svt3-pro can deliver 275 rms into 8ohms, do you guys think that would do this cab justice? I'm not really looking to carry around alot so i was considering the 4ohm version. Also with 4 ohms i can pump 450watts into it

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    How loud are you planning on playing? I use mine frequently in mid sized rooms with no PA support and don't tax my amp in the least, which is maybe 300w @4ohms. Very efficient cab. I've only tried my two together in my garage. Pretty ridiculous volume.

8. If you don't think you'll be adding another cabinet later on your better off with the 4ohm version.

In my case I have a power amp that is rated up to 2ohms in stereo. I have an Eden 210xlt and 410xlt that are both rated at 4ohms, and I can run them individually or in combination. If you did go with 4ohm you'd probably have to upgrade your amp if you wanted to add another cabinet later.

BTW, I run the 210 by itself at practice and it has absolutely no problem handling the low b string.:)

9. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Lowfrez,

Both the 8 & 4 ohm cab is rated at 350 watts rms. My GK 1001rb runs 340 watts into one 8ohm cab, and I have never maxed it out. Very loud with lots of bottom when I run the preamp volume at 11-12 o'clock, master volume on full. With two cabs, it runs about 270 watts into each cab. I'll buy a more powerful amp later, but this combination really puts out a lot of volume and punch. One cab or two works fine.

If you go with a 4ohm cab, you might have to watch the volume since it's rated for only 350 watts, and you'd be pumping 450 into it.