Eden D-212 XLT users please!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Matthias, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    I remember some of you playing the Eden D-212 XLT (Munjibunga?,...), I think I also remember someone reported problems with the speakers.

So how do you like this cab on the long run, how does it perform?

The point is: After long considerations (with a lot of input from this forum, thanks!) I decided to get the Glockenklang 212 ('Double'). But there might be availability problems, so I have to reconsider this again and maybe go for the Eden. But I'm not sure if that's wise :rolleyes:. Problem is, I have no chance to test any 212 cab here in Vienna, so I have to order sight unseen anyway...

2. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don´t know about the Eden but since you are in Austria. Aguilars new 112 cab is available in Germany. It´s supposed to sound close to Eden and since it´s new it should be of better quality.

Btw I´m also looking for a 212 or 112 cab so give us your review when you have decided what to get.

Cheers Jocke
  3. I don't own one, but I've played through one before. It is a very good cabinet. It has a deeper, throatier tone than a 2x10 or 4x10, and has a very high "chest hit" quality. It does a very good job of reproducing midrange frequencies, and has a very tight controlled bottom. Not quite as deep as a 1x15, but still has plenty of bottom. I think this would serve very well as a stand alone rig. Or add another and watch out. It's available in both 4 and 8 ohm versions, so you can mix and match if you want.
  4. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    That's exactly what I need :)
    (to replace my Ampeg SVR-215, which turned out too be too boomy and too heavy for my situation)

210 is too weak, 410 too heavy, 115+210 too much hassle...

5. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria

Please, I'm sure some of you have played that cab can give some input...

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Matthias ~

Yep, you're right. I had one. I guess I just got too used to the sound of 10's. The 212 isn't quite as crisp, but it does have a lot of low mid. I sold it to our sound man, and he loves it ... it's his sound. I get to play through it at rehearsal now and then, and I can get a little crisper sound out of it if I EQ the treble up a little.

It, like other Eden cabs, has a hi-fi sound to it, but you'd better love a mid-loaded sound if you're going to buy one. The guy I bought it from had it sitting under a 210 (driven by a WT-800), resulting in a loud, full sound, but he was selling it because it just didn't have the bottom. Now he has 2 EA 210's and loves them. The Eden D-410XLT has more bottom than the 212.
  7. I have one and borrowed another for a few gigs we did this summer in our "free-dub" band. I push a whole lotta 30 hz and was tickled by the results. When I used to play with a g****r guy there often was not enough "slice" to be heard above his din. Using a 2x10xlt helped that. W/o him it is amongst the warmest, most pleasent bass tones I've had a chance to play through. I was a little disturbed by how far in +out those speakers were travelling when I REALLY goosed the cabs w/ my Mesa M-2000 at an outdoor show last month, kinda scared me a little. I can't decide if I should buy another and play through the two of them together or consider an Eden 1x18. the two 2x12xlt's together was such a wonderful, focussd tone; not blurry at all. Decisions, decisions....
  8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    My dream rig would be a 4x12 (MUST be a bass cab though...guitar cabs just aren't tuned right) and a 1x15. I love the sound of my Fender BXR-60....not really the tone of it, but just the way the speaker sounds....it has great low-mids, high-mids, and highs. My 2x15's ALMOST (note ALMOST) have too much lows for me, but I think a 1x15 would be perfect, and I KNOW that 12's are for me:)

This is a bit off topic, but just to maybe help out with the decision of whether you want 12's or not:)
  9. I have never found the combo of my 2x12xlt and Mesa 1x15RR together sounded very good. Not sure why. I like a load o' bottom, more than one Eden can provide solo but those two together just sounded kinda muddy. Two eden 2x12xlt's was really something....a wall o' 4x12's, very cool. Anyone play through 12's and an 18 as well? No 10's or 15's...? I wonder what sort of a sound I'd get with that.
  10. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Thanks a lot for your replies.

Finally I've decided to order the Glockenklang Double (for more or less rational reasons - only hard fact is that it's quite a bit cheaper than the Eden, ~800$ vs. ~930$)

I'll let you know how I like it - I hope shipping will not take too long...

11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Nice coice, Matthias!
  12. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi Matthias.
    Nice choice (I´ve only heard great things about glocks).
    I can´t wait to hear your review. I am also going to get a new cab in that size but having a hard time to decide.
  13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Just had to rub that in, didn't you?:D
  14. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000

I still wake up at the middle of the night, cold sweat dripping off my forehead, no feeling in my toes, shivers down my spine....another nightmare about how bad my BXR 60 sounded.

now really, once u take it out to play in an open space it doesn't sound that bad but the sound of this thing from the days it sat in the corner of my room still turns me off of any 12" speaker(s) loaded cabinet.
  15. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Yes, I had to - I don't want to be called a snob...
    But I'm truly sorry if it hurts :D