Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D-212XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowfreqman, Jan 6, 2002.

1. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    Why does Eden call their 2X12 cabinet "D-212XLT," when they do not put XL series speakers into it? (The speakers they put into this cabinet are the EC-1260F speakers, similar to those they install in the non-XL, rear-ported cabinets.)

Thanks for your time!

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dunno. Why do they call it a D-118XL when they put a EC 1804 in it? Do you think it means anything? Is Eden RIPPING US OFF?

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I believe the XL refers to the extended lows when they add the port on the bottom

4. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    I think this is correct because I did buy a used Eden D210XLT and had it for a week. I did not like all the lows that was coming out of the 2x10 so I returned it. I got a SWR JR Goliath III which is not as bassy. Its more tight and bright and clear. I don't know, maybe I was made to have an SWR cab rig with an EDEN WT-600?!?!?!????

5. You are too funny Munji....

6. lowfreqman

lowfreqman

Aug 18, 2001
    behind a bass
    I figured the XL stood for extended lows. It just didn't seem like the 212xlt had the bass response I thought it would when I tried it out next to my Metro. It was very focused in the mid-range but did not have the low-end I was looking for. I just don't think the 212xlt stands up to the same standard as the 210xlt, 410xlt, and the 115xlt. It does not have the same XL vibe.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I had the same impression. I owned one for a short time, and it lacked bottom and it lacked highs. I sold it to our sound man, and he loves it. I lean more toward the sound of tens ... the more the merrier. My D-410XLT has mucho mas bottom, yet maintains the punch and highs required by the modern bassist.