Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D 215XLT - Stand alone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tmu, May 12, 2004.

1. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Hey, I was wondering if people have used this cabinet standalone, and if so, what kind of sound it has? I am using an M-Pulse 360 with an 83 P-bass.

Thanks!!!

2. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    I use one as a standalone. I have yet to play through, or even hear a single cabinet that throws as much low end and produces as much volume. Due to its efficiency and cabinet design, its sound is far far bigger than the specs alone indicate. I find the speakers to be quite quick for 15s. I'm not a slapper, but I've never felt that it was lacking in any high end definition. In fact, I find that I like it best with the tweeter turned all the way down. If you're looking for super sparkly, hi-fi slap tone, look elsewhere. But with your head and bass, you'll have no shortage of punch and thickness (thickness as in round and full - not mud). And, with the tilt back wheels and handle placement, it's suprisingly easy to haul around. Good luck.

Regards,
    Dave

3. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    That is what I was thinking... do you think, however, that 410 is a lot punchier? Or are the 15s just punchy in a different sort of way?

4. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    Well, I've never owned a 4x10 - I've always been a fan of 15s. I would definitely say a different sort of way. The Eden is all about low and low-mid punch.

5. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Thanks! has anyone else had any experiences with this cabinet?

6. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I own an Eden 215xlt and an Eden 410t. I agree whole heartedly Davo737 that it has the tightest sound 15's I've heard, Low end and punch that hits you. Smooth from the low to the top. My 410t is a great cab too, doesn't go as low as the other cabs in the line, but is very efficient, and has a nice punch; I love them together or stand alones. I usually take my 215 with me because I'm a 15 fan but maybe 40% of the time I'll break out the 410 and when the gig needs it, both together. I've tried the 410xlt and was very impressed, great tone all across the spectrum, but I like my 215 more. Hope I helped,
    Peace
    -Ben

7. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Do you find the 215 to be lacking at all in the mids? How would you think it compares to an ampeg 610HLF?

8. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    good questions tmu because I was wondering how the Eden 215 compared to an Ampeg SVT410-HLF

9. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I've never played the 610HLF but my friend owns and SVT-410-HLF. I would say that it out preforms the 410-HLF, has tons of low end, and the mid is sweet, that Eden mid range that everyone loves, wooly. They are indeed two different cabs, the Ampeg has that Ampeg sound and the Eden has the Eden sound. If I had to choose between the two, I would keep my Eden, that's just me though. If you can try both of them out, you should and see what your ears think.

Peace
    -Ben

10. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Yeah I want to try one out badly. How does the Eden 215 compare to say the Epifani and Bergantino 215's?

11. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I've never had the chance to play the Epi's 215 nor the Berg NV215, but I would definitally love to, from what I've read, I hear the NV215 is where it's at. I haven't really heard anyhting about Epi's 215, anyone have any info on that?

Peace
    -Ben