Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D-215XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Oct 12, 2004.

1. I have personally tried this cab and absolutely love it. It was paired with a WT400 and a Fender Jazz, and I had tone to die for. Drool. Anyways, when it says "...has great classic character without definition at high levels" on the Eden site, that is a typo right? Because on the Musicians Friend product description, it says "...without losing definition at higher levels. Anyways, who has this cab, or has tried it. What do you think of it? What do they regularly go for used?

Has anyone tried this cab with an all-tube amp? Traynor YBA200 maybe?

P.S. How does the WT330 compare to the WT400 sound-wise?

Thanks for your time.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I have it and DROOL is the word. I use it with my 210XLT on top and WT800. I play my Spectors and a 73 Jazz and 74 P through it and people can't get enough at shows.

3. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I have owned one in the past and they were bootyful!

4. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Yo Adam, I have a brand new set of Spector strings I can throw your way Too.

5. That sounds absolutely awesome man. How does it cut through on its own? Do you have any pics of your setup?

6. i would like to know some stuff about this cab too.

is it loud?
    can it cut through a band setting?

7. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Looky, Looky:
    [​IMG]

It's plenty loud. It'll shake your pre-born children loose if you know what I mean.

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Sargent Schutlz here - I know nothing ... about that cab.

But 2 15's is a kick in the pants to stand in front of! 2 15's & 2 10's (and NO TWEETER) can just move the earth for me ...
    I'm using single 15 bins rather than 1 2x15 and they kick some serious butt. Like a bunch of the older cabs they tend to roll off somewhere between 40 & 60 but they have a warm punch to them that just does it for me. Very SVT like low and low mid section. Different in the hi-mids and highs.

For comparison, I also have the 2x12 Music Man cab. That cab goes deeper and higher. Overall probably a flatter cab. Certainly it is more modern sounding. I can get it to sound as good as the 15's & 10's combo using the EQ - but I get that sound without the EQ using the 15's & 10's ... That MM cab will move some air for a cab it's size though.

I'd love to try that Eden but the Bergie 2x15 and their 6x10 are on my short list as well ...

9. Hahhaha, preborn children, good stuff. :D

Wow, you have pretty much my dream setup. I dont understand why some people say Eden stuff is hi-fi. I hate hi-fi sound and didnt find the WT400-D-215XLT combination hi-fi at all I found it to be deep, warm, and fat, when hi-fi is usually brighter and usually has a lot of finger noise (from what I understand).

finger noise = :spit: IMO

P.S. I went to your website and listened to your music, great music, and the website is hilarious. You guys seem to be real upbeat and laid back, I really admire that. Wanna be my friend? :p

10. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    NICE RIG :hyper:

11. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Do you run it bridged or Bi amped? Reason I ask is I too am fortunate enough to have a WT800 and Spectors (arn't we oh so lucky!) But my cab is a 4ohm Ampeg which is ok but I was thinking of getting another 8ohm 4x10 cab and bridging my head. But I see the 15 too so I had to ask? Have you ever just ran the 2x10 cab with the head bridged into it?

12. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I run it stereo. Both my cabs are 4ohm. Get another 4 ohmer and run it that way, it wales. I have 2 410XLT's (4ohms each) and the 210/215 combo is much better, lows are really tight. The 210/215 are rated @400 watts each and the 800 seems to push these better than 410's.

13. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Exactly, so if I bridge mine it should whoop some booty to a 4x10! Thanks for the response, nice neckthrough Spector in the pics on the website! Man I love my tone with this set up, I can't wait to upgrade my cab.

14. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    dude, i don't ever want to carry around cabs like that again but i had to download that picture. That's one evil looking manly rig ya got there, and i know it sounds killer. :D

15. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    The WT800 bridges at 8ohms. So be careful with ohmage.

16. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yup, the 800 only does 8 ohms in bridge mode

confused? click here

17. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I run mine through an Eden navigator and Crown XS 700. I bi-amp and pair a 410 XLT with it as well. Love the way the 215 moves the air. The sound is smooth and deep from the 215, and a nice midrange growl from the 410. I have not played the 215 by itself, but I am sure it would be plenty loud enough in my loud band situation.

18. Has anyone tried one with an all-tube amp? Does anyone know anything about the WT-330?

19. Hmmm, today I was lookin at the drooling on the Eden website and I knew that the D-215XLT is 400 watts, and I see that the D-115XLT is 400 watts also. Hmmm, why is that? What do you think the D-215XLT could handle without too much stress being put on it? 600?