Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D112XLT owners, past & present

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Switched, Sep 8, 2004.

1. I recently purchased two used Eden D112XLT cabs from a music store via the Internet, sight unseen other than the usual pics of the front. They were advertised as 400W units. From the Eden 2003 & 2004 catalogues, that is the rating of D112XLT cabinets. Anyway, they arrive a week or so later, and one is marked as 400W and the other 250W (they're both in great condition). Naturally, I figured an honest mistake has been made, and contacted the store about this in a friendly manner. They got back to me today, saying they had contacted Eden, and Eden told them that all D112XLTs are 250W, so one of the labels is a misprint.

Being the curious type, I unscrewed each of the drivers to see if the labels would clear things up for me. Unfortunately, it seems Eden didn't put any wattage markings on them that I can see.

On the "400W" unit:- EC1260M8 Oct 2003 - Red/White label
    On the "250W" unit:- EC1260m 8Ohm 4/16/04 - Black/White label

Pics:-
    Front of cabs
    http://slashbinslashbash.org/images/edencabs/104_0492_sm.jpg
    Serials
    http://slashbinslashbash.org/images/edencabs/104_0495_sm.jpg

Sorry, my camera batteries went flat before I could get pics of the back of the drivers.

I'll probably contact Eden myself, but I'd like to draw on the TB Hive Mind first. I guess I'd like to know, are both these cabs actually 250W? I really wanted a matched pair.

2. Gosh, there's so much conflicting information on their website. Compare the specs in the pdf catalogue to the pdf price list, and then the web version. Any wonder I'm confused. :meh:

Anyway, I had been looking at the online product section that shows this cab as being 400W. I managed to find the pdf version, and it definately lists these as 250W with the EC1260M driver. Interestingly, the SPL is up to 103db (from 100db), and the frequency response is now 32Hz-14kHz (from 36Hz-14kHz), not to mention a drop in weight to 38lbs (from 50lbs).

meekster, I suspect you have the 250W version too, regardless of what the sticker says. :meh:

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well, it seems like the 400 watt version is the older wide panel 1x12 box, which interestingly i've never seen on store shelves. i've seen the CX112, but not this particular one. might have been a prototype?

[​IMG]

i'm sure on the website its a misprint of the earlier prototype. chalk it up to "large company swallowing up smaller company" growing pains. :meh:

but you might have gotten the last of the speakers from the old version, before they ramped up production on the newer design. i'm sure a call to Eden will hook you up with a newer more updated one.

still, does one feel heavier than the other? 38 lbs. vs. 50 lbs. would be noticible, and would be much attributed to the speakers. also, have you tried either cab with your amp by itself? does one crap out earlier than the other?

with all the money you shelled out, i'd be nervous as freak, too. but i'm sure its all good. btw, give us a report and let us know how they work out. tho, i did try one a while back, didnt get to try a pair. sounds like a great rig!

4. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Hmm, my 112xlt is rated at 250w. Seems very misleading though, as my walkabout pushing 150w into the 112 was able to break up the cab and begin to separate the woofer from the surround. My eq didn't have any bass boost. Very lacking in terms of overall volume, seems it's all mids. Not a good standalone at all.

5. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Very true...but on top of a 210XST it is a scarey rig. Stand alone...not a good choice. It is all XLT mid bark without any fealable bass. 2 works better than 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender Supporting Member

They are 250w units, 38lbs, 103dB SPL. Both my gold-badge 112XLTs are properly marked. I recall an early misprint being mentioned at the Eden forum.

The Eden site occasionally has Photoshopped pics of equipment, just a quick edit from another model, so you have to use caution when using the photos for comparison. I've also seen the occasional typo when one model's manual has been edited to produce a manual for another unit.