1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden D118.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Lurker, May 7, 2006.

1. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I have a shot at a relatively cheap one of these. I've never tried one but am relatively familiar with the Big Ben and a few other 1x18s.... so I'm wondering how good the D118 is. I'm aware of Eden's rep for quality, but I don't know much about this cab.....

2. bump for mutual interest.

3. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I think so.... the one i'm looking at isn't listed as an XL but I'm not sure what the differences are.

4. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    As far as I know there has only been one eden 1x18 design, the XL. If you like 18s, I'm sure the eden is a great one! I love my 115XLT, which goes to show that Eden does know how to built a great sounding big-driver cab.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The Music Go Round store in Kenosha, WI has one for $399...not sure if that's a good price though...

6. zoloo

zoloo

Jun 7, 2005
    France
    So, no advice on this cab ?
    I'm interested in a D410T + D118XL config, but I won't be able to try it before I buy it.

I'll use it with my Aguilar DB-680/DB-728 amp.

I play different things, from jazz/funk to heavy rock.

7. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I use a very simmilar rig ... Aggie S410 (rear ported, 500W 4x10) and a Big Ben ( front ported, 400W 1x18) ... and its great. I wouldn't hesitate.

8. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Hey pickles, How would you compare the Big Ben to the HT115? (Sorry for thread hijack)

Bump! :)

9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    A front ported Big Ben? :eyebrow: I need to see this; all of the one's i've see have been rear ported.