1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden D210T with new speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by beardedclam, Jan 21, 2012.

1. I just bought an Eden D210T cab with new speakers in it. The guy who had it before me blew a speaker so he replaced both with brand new EC1060XL speakers. These are the speakers that are used in the XLT cabs. When I got it home I took it apart and was surprised to see that the speakers are made by Eminence (they do say EC1060XL on them). It sounds different to me than a D210XLT cab (I have never tried a D210T cab with originals speakers), is sounds very hi-fi with good low-end down to F# or even E, it looses the tight focused bottom end when I play a low D, C or the B (I play a five string). Overall it is a very nice cab. I use an Eden WT-405 head.

My questions are:

Is there a better speaker for this cab, maybe a EC1060XST? or a NEO driver?, I love tight bottom end but I also need warm punchy midrange. Does anybody have experiance replacing the speakers in this cab?

Does Eminence make all od Eden's speakers?, I though Eden made thier own speakers.

Thanks

2. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Eminence makes all Eden speakers for the U.S.-built David series and has for a few years. On the Eden Electronics forum, questions about using other Eden drivers in the 210T cab were addressed by David Nordschow (Eden's founder) several years ago when he was still at Eden. He said the XLT drivers "wouldn't work" in that cab but the XST drivers would. People who swapped XST drivers into the cab reported good results.

3. Thanks for info. Hmm, now I wonder if I should sell the drivers and get a set of XST drivers. What would a set of EC1060XL's go for used? (they are 4 ohms)? Thanks

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Dunno, but the best place to try to sell them is probably the Eden forum's classified folder. Good luck, Bob

5. Well I think I'll keep the speakers and try to find an D210XLT with blown drivers, thanks.