Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden D210XLT or Bergantino HT210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 5bassman, Jun 19, 2005.

1. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    What's your opinion?

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Yes ;)

MM

3. Bergantino is dramatically nicer, but Eden is louder & cheaper (and still fairly nice)

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Apples & oranges.

Two different tones.

Which do you like?

What are you looking for (tone-wise)?

:D

Joe.

5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    +1. Both are great cabs, it just depends on the type of tone you prefer.

6. 5bassman

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    I'm a fingerpicker, no slap. I like a good solid, tight lowend. I'm not crazy about the hiss from the tweeter on the Eden. I was told this is the brand horn they use and the bergi uses a different horn.

7. I like eden better

8. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Interesting.

I'm not too crazy about tweeters in general, especially since 95% of the time I too am a fingerstyle player.

The tweeter on my D210XLT is only on about 1/4 of the way. I really don't need it but I heard that it's better for the crossover to be on a little rather than not at all.

All that being said, I love the tone of the Eden cab. But I have not played through the Berg. I have heard it and it does sound great, though.

But I will stick to my Eden for now. Until I run across something really knocks my socks off.

:D

Joe.

9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    For your style, I'd say Eden, but the Bergie would work just fine too. The Eden may be a bit louder.

10. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    IME, Bergs are musical cabs that really sing. They give ya that ooy, gooy sound without a lot of coloration (like Edens). Perfect for fingerstyle, as well as slap and everything else. My HT/EX stack is sticking around. No more cab shopping, now it's all about swapping out the head every few months... :D

11. 5bassman

May 4, 2005
    Kennesaw,GA
    Thanks for the help. It looks like I may be trading a D210XLT for a Beri HT210. I've read some good stuuf about the Bergi over the Eden but I like all the info I can get.
    Jeff

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    They really are two very different sounding cabs. The Eden 210XST might be a closer comparison. The 210XLT should be thicker in the low mids, and possibly louder, while the Berg will have a more clear, articulate, balanced tone. Jim's tweeters and crossovers are among the best out there, IMHO.

Tom.

13. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Definitly what Tom said, the Berg horn and crossover are a big part of the beauty in the Bergantino vibe.

14. Larzito

Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I've owned the 210XLT and the HT210. Recently I A/B/C'd the HT and XLT and the newer Eden 210XST. The XLT had the characteristic aggressive Eden low mid bite that some love and some hate. The Berg was surprisingly scooped in the mids...which is the reason I got rid of it...it didn't cut well enough for me fingerstyle. My favorite was the XST. I recently got the chance to play a festival where the backline was a WT800 and two 210XST's. Awesome rig with the characteristic Eden ability to cut, but with more smoothness and body than the XLT's. Before you trade the Eden XLT for the Berg, try the XST...I think it sits right in the middle tonewise...has the bass of the Berg and the mids of the XLT while being better balanced across the tone spectrum. I too run Eden horns at about 1/4 or 9:00 to dial out some of the clank. Yes, Berg horns are better but I don't slap so it is not an issue for me.

15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The Eden 210XST is a great suggestion. I found it to be a little power hungry (as are many cabs), but all in all a great sounding box.